If you haven’t heard of Rob Delaney, you will. Dubbed ”The Funniest Person on Twitter,” he puts forth a unique brand of comedy. He’s as self-effacing and gross as Louis C.K., but he veers toward total honesty where he could get cynical. Delaney has a knack for pinpointing what’s hilarious and sad about adolescent bed-wetting and his own abundant body hair, but somehow the darkest chapters in Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage., about landing in rehab and battling depression, make you laugh hardest because nothing’s as disarming as bald humanity. A-
JOKING IN 140 CHARACTERS Rob Delaney's first book abounds with his brand of irreverent humor, but also shines with poignant personal stories.
Genre: Comic Novels; Author: Rob Delaney; Publisher: Spiegel & Grau
Posted November 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'