If you haven’t heard of Rob Delaney, you will. Dubbed ”The Funniest Person on Twitter,” he puts forth a unique brand of comedy. He’s as self-effacing and gross as Louis C.K., but he veers toward total honesty where he could get cynical. Delaney has a knack for pinpointing what’s hilarious and sad about adolescent bed-wetting and his own abundant body hair, but somehow the darkest chapters in Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage., about landing in rehab and battling depression, make you laugh hardest because nothing’s as disarming as bald humanity. A-
JOKING IN 140 CHARACTERS Rob Delaney's first book abounds with his brand of irreverent humor, but also shines with poignant personal stories.
Genre: Comic Novels; Author: Rob Delaney; Status: In Season; Publisher: Spiegel & Grau
Posted November 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters