If you haven’t heard of Rob Delaney, you will. Dubbed ”The Funniest Person on Twitter,” he puts forth a unique brand of comedy. He’s as self-effacing and gross as Louis C.K., but he veers toward total honesty where he could get cynical. Delaney has a knack for pinpointing what’s hilarious and sad about adolescent bed-wetting and his own abundant body hair, but somehow the darkest chapters in Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage., about landing in rehab and battling depression, make you laugh hardest because nothing’s as disarming as bald humanity. A-
JOKING IN 140 CHARACTERS Rob Delaney's first book abounds with his brand of irreverent humor, but also shines with poignant personal stories.
Genre: Comic Novels; Author: Rob Delaney; Publisher: Spiegel & Grau
Posted November 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Some banned 'Pokémon Go' accounts will be reinstated
- Phil Collins, Leslie Odom Jr. sing 'Easy Lover' at U.S. Open
- Colton Haynes accepts HRC award: 'Equality is our birthright'
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star Darrell Ward dies in plane crash
- Florida Georgia Line talk working with Tim McGraw for 'powerful' new video
- 'A Monster Calls' release set for awards season
- Sturgill Simpson slams Academy of Country Music over Merle Haggard Award