If you haven’t heard of Rob Delaney, you will. Dubbed ”The Funniest Person on Twitter,” he puts forth a unique brand of comedy. He’s as self-effacing and gross as Louis C.K., but he veers toward total honesty where he could get cynical. Delaney has a knack for pinpointing what’s hilarious and sad about adolescent bed-wetting and his own abundant body hair, but somehow the darkest chapters in Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage., about landing in rehab and battling depression, make you laugh hardest because nothing’s as disarming as bald humanity. A-
JOKING IN 140 CHARACTERS Rob Delaney's first book abounds with his brand of irreverent humor, but also shines with poignant personal stories.
Genre: Comic Novels; Author: Rob Delaney; Publisher: Spiegel & Grau
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'