Miley Cyrus sang “Wrecking Ball” to close out this year’s American Music Awards. If you were primed for some madness following her Twitter-imploding Thicke-deconstructing vaguely-nude performance at the VMAs, you may have been a bit disappointed. Oh, it looked crazy: Miley performed with a giant cat floating onscreen in the background, which at one point started crying in zero-gravity. But the singer herself was relatively unadorned, singing the break-up song without even a hint of twerking. Watch the performance below:
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted November 24 2013 — 11:31 PM EST
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay won't direct Marvel film
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!