Miley Cyrus sang “Wrecking Ball” to close out this year’s American Music Awards. If you were primed for some madness following her Twitter-imploding Thicke-deconstructing vaguely-nude performance at the VMAs, you may have been a bit disappointed. Oh, it looked crazy: Miley performed with a giant cat floating onscreen in the background, which at one point started crying in zero-gravity. But the singer herself was relatively unadorned, singing the break-up song without even a hint of twerking. Watch the performance below:
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted January 18 2015 — 1:29 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen to write, direct, produce, and star in Freddie Mercury biopic
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!