Miley Cyrus sang “Wrecking Ball” to close out this year’s American Music Awards. If you were primed for some madness following her Twitter-imploding Thicke-deconstructing vaguely-nude performance at the VMAs, you may have been a bit disappointed. Oh, it looked crazy: Miley performed with a giant cat floating onscreen in the background, which at one point started crying in zero-gravity. But the singer herself was relatively unadorned, singing the break-up song without even a hint of twerking. Watch the performance below:
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted November 24 2013 — 11:31 PM EST
- 'House of Cards' premiere react: Blood on the Tracks
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!