Miley Cyrus sang “Wrecking Ball” to close out this year’s American Music Awards. If you were primed for some madness following her Twitter-imploding Thicke-deconstructing vaguely-nude performance at the VMAs, you may have been a bit disappointed. Oh, it looked crazy: Miley performed with a giant cat floating onscreen in the background, which at one point started crying in zero-gravity. But the singer herself was relatively unadorned, singing the break-up song without even a hint of twerking. Watch the performance below:
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted January 18 2015 — 1:29 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!