• Inside Llewyn Davis lead Oscar Isaac is set to join fellow Julliard classmate Jessica Chastain in A Most Violent Year. Isaac is replacing Javier Bardem (reportedly over a disagreement about the script) in the film, which tells the story of a man who immigrates to the U.S. and works his way up to become a successful businessman. Set in 1981 in New York, the movie will deal with citywide corruption. The Wrap also reports that Stanley Tucci is a potential for the film, which J.C. Chandor (All Is Lost) will direct. Isaac currently has three thrillers in post-production: Mojave with Garrett Hedlund, The Two Faces of January with Kirsten Dunst, and Ex Machina with Domhnall Gleeson. [THR]
(Kevin Winter/Getty Images)
Posted December 3 2013 — 9:05 PM EST
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!