The supernatural world of American Horror Story: Coven just got a little more crowded: EW has learned that Fringe’s Lance Reddick will be joining the FX show as Papa Legba when the horror anthology returns in January. The character, described as Coven’s version of “voodoo Satan,” plays a pivotal role in the life of Marie Laveau (Angela Bassett) and will be an important figure in the series’ remaining four episodes. Show co-creator Ryan Murphy teased Legba’s involvement in our recent EW AHS: Coven cover story: “You find out that’s how come Marie Laveau looks so good – because she sold her soul!”
(Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images Rights: 2)
Posted January 17 2015 — 11:26 PM EST
- Play 'Pac-Man' around the world in Google Maps
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Linda Lavin to return to Broadway in 'Our Mother's Brief Affair'
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' aren't quite weird or lonely enough
- 'Arrow'-'Flash' spinoff's role for Caity Lotz? Let's theorize...
- Beastie Boys' Adam Horovitz gives relationship advice in 'Ask a Grown Man'
- 'Ellen,' 'GH' lead Daytime Emmy noms
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!