Trees, snow, lights, magic screwdriver … yes, it’s time for the Doctor Who Christmas special. Here’s a flurry of newly released images from the program that marks Matt Smith’s final episode starring as the 11th Doctor. “The Time of the Doctor” will air – when else? – Dec. 25 at 9:00 p.m. Official description: “Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them – the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.” Below are pics from the special along with a teaser trailer and a BBC Christmas promo that’s got a little bit with the Doctor and Clara mixed in….
Posted December 4 2013 — 8:16 PM EST
- 'Empire' star Taraji P. Henson: 'You don’t want to be called Boo Boo Kitty’
- Netflix announces dates for 'Orange Is the New Black,' 'Wet Hot American Summer'
- SXSW to premiere remastered version of 'The Breakfast Club' for 30th anniversary
- 'Empire' exclusive peek at Cookie lashing out at Anika: 'Bye, Felicia'
- Brownstone's Charmayne 'Maxee' Maxwell dies at 46
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- J.K. Rowling 'cried her eyes out' at BBC's Casual Vacancy ending