”He thought he was the best, and he thought he was terrible.” The man in question is legendary choreographer and director Bob Fosse, whose celebrated life and career get their due in Sam Wasson’s spellbinding 695-page biography, Fosse. You don’t need to be a Broadway expert to enjoy this portrait of a man whose rise to power was famously fueled by insecurity. It’s all here: accounts of his monstrous, masterful directing style; the explosive personal battles behind his Tony-winning triumphs; his incendiary relationship with Gwen Verdon. Wasson simply doesn’t miss a thing. Give the guy a (jazz) hand. A-
STEP TO IT Author Sam Wasson provides a sweeping and far-reaching account of the theater icon.
Genre: Biography; Author: Sam Wasson; Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Posted December 4 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander stun in new 'Danish Girl' poster
- Get to know The Weeknd through his 9 best deep cuts
- Jimmy Kimmel censors Donald Trump on 'Unnecessary Censorship'
- Ranking Shania Twain's 37 singles in honor of her 50th birthday
- 'It Follows' director responds to Tarantino's criticism
- Kelly Clarkson covers Dolly Parton's 'Jolene'
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' cast reveals the players they are surprised got voted in
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!