Our month of remembering the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination over and over and over again begins respectably with a brisk but bland adaptation of Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s bestselling survey of JFK’s presidency. No conspiracy theories here: The film presents Kennedy (an effective Rob Lowe) and his assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald (Will Rothhaar in a breakout turn), as photo-negative-similar Mad Men-generation strivers desperate to prove themselves, and blessed with love they take for granted. Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie and Michelle Trachtenberg as Oswald’s wife acquit themselves well in this solidly watchable, quickly forgettable dramatic snapshot of indelible history. B
KILLING IN THE NAME OF Rob Lowe as President John F. Kennedy and Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie Kennedy in Killing Kennedy. (Kent Eanes/National Geographic Channel)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ginnifer Goodwin, Rob Lowe; Series Premiere: 11/10/2013; Broadcaster: National Geographic; Status: In Season
Posted December 16 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!