Our month of remembering the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination over and over and over again begins respectably with a brisk but bland adaptation of Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s bestselling survey of JFK’s presidency. No conspiracy theories here: The film presents Kennedy (an effective Rob Lowe) and his assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald (Will Rothhaar in a breakout turn), as photo-negative-similar Mad Men-generation strivers desperate to prove themselves, and blessed with love they take for granted. Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie and Michelle Trachtenberg as Oswald’s wife acquit themselves well in this solidly watchable, quickly forgettable dramatic snapshot of indelible history. B
KILLING IN THE NAME OF Rob Lowe as President John F. Kennedy and Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie Kennedy in Killing Kennedy. (Kent Eanes/National Geographic Channel)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ginnifer Goodwin, Rob Lowe; Series Premiere: 11/10/2013; Broadcaster: National Geographic
Posted December 16 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!