Our month of remembering the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination over and over and over again begins respectably with a brisk but bland adaptation of Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard’s bestselling survey of JFK’s presidency. No conspiracy theories here: The film presents Kennedy (an effective Rob Lowe) and his assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald (Will Rothhaar in a breakout turn), as photo-negative-similar Mad Men-generation strivers desperate to prove themselves, and blessed with love they take for granted. Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie and Michelle Trachtenberg as Oswald’s wife acquit themselves well in this solidly watchable, quickly forgettable dramatic snapshot of indelible history. B
KILLING IN THE NAME OF Rob Lowe as President John F. Kennedy and Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie Kennedy in Killing Kennedy. (Kent Eanes/National Geographic Channel)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Ginnifer Goodwin, Rob Lowe; Series Premiere: 11/10/2013; Broadcaster: National Geographic; Status: In Season
Posted December 16 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Josh Charles congratulates 'Good Wife' team on 'amazing run'
- Key & Peele revive excessive celebration sketch on 'The Late Show'
- 'The X-Files' writer Glen Morgan teases a big showcase for Gillian Anderson
- Wendy Williams scores new red-carpet commentary series
- The Struts premiere 'Kiss This' video featuring tour footage
- Dead & Company announce summer tour
- Super Bowl 50 scores second-biggest early TV ratings ever