Yep, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone play rival pugilists stepping back in the ring for one last fight. And yep, they starred in some other pretty famous boxing films. You don’t have to remind director Peter Segal, who studied Raging Bull and the Rocky movies closely. ”I counted every punch in my [composition book],” he says. (Rocky IV was the punchiest.) But Segal’s sports comedy is more than a fantasy mash-up. ”It can be dismissed as a high-concept idea,” he says, ”but there’s a lot of heart.” Enough for Warner Bros. to move the film from its original January 2014 release date to Christmas.
MATCH POINT Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Hart co-star in Grudge Match (Greg Peters)
Posted December 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor
- Linklater taps Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburne for next film
- Chris Brown arrested on suspicion of assault with deadly weapon
- Miley Cyrus' homeless date to 2014 VMAs puts Moonman trophy on eBay
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs