Yep, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone play rival pugilists stepping back in the ring for one last fight. And yep, they starred in some other pretty famous boxing films. You don’t have to remind director Peter Segal, who studied Raging Bull and the Rocky movies closely. ”I counted every punch in my [composition book],” he says. (Rocky IV was the punchiest.) But Segal’s sports comedy is more than a fantasy mash-up. ”It can be dismissed as a high-concept idea,” he says, ”but there’s a lot of heart.” Enough for Warner Bros. to move the film from its original January 2014 release date to Christmas.
MATCH POINT Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Hart co-star in Grudge Match (Greg Peters)
Posted December 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Deadpool' star Ryan Reynolds reveals when he feels his sexiest
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday