Yep, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone play rival pugilists stepping back in the ring for one last fight. And yep, they starred in some other pretty famous boxing films. You don’t have to remind director Peter Segal, who studied Raging Bull and the Rocky movies closely. ”I counted every punch in my [composition book],” he says. (Rocky IV was the punchiest.) But Segal’s sports comedy is more than a fantasy mash-up. ”It can be dismissed as a high-concept idea,” he says, ”but there’s a lot of heart.” Enough for Warner Bros. to move the film from its original January 2014 release date to Christmas.
MATCH POINT Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Hart co-star in Grudge Match (Greg Peters)
Posted December 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!