Yep, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone play rival pugilists stepping back in the ring for one last fight. And yep, they starred in some other pretty famous boxing films. You don’t have to remind director Peter Segal, who studied Raging Bull and the Rocky movies closely. ”I counted every punch in my [composition book],” he says. (Rocky IV was the punchiest.) But Segal’s sports comedy is more than a fantasy mash-up. ”It can be dismissed as a high-concept idea,” he says, ”but there’s a lot of heart.” Enough for Warner Bros. to move the film from its original January 2014 release date to Christmas.
MATCH POINT Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Hart co-star in Grudge Match (Greg Peters)
Posted December 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Four' cast to make their first late-night appearance on 'WWHL' — exclusive
- Ed Helms rescues Bear Grylls on 'Running Wild' (well, sort of)
- 'Daily Show' producers on Jon Stewart's last show: 'Donald Trump is not coming on'
- Drew Pearce offers update on future 'Ghostbusters' project
- A quick guide to the different versions of 'Holiday Road' in 'Vacation'
- Amazon signs 'Top Gear' trio for new show
- Amy Sedaris lends Jimmy Fallon a helping hand while his finger heals
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ed Helms, Jenny McCarthy, Joel Edgerton & More!