Yep, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone play rival pugilists stepping back in the ring for one last fight. And yep, they starred in some other pretty famous boxing films. You don’t have to remind director Peter Segal, who studied Raging Bull and the Rocky movies closely. ”I counted every punch in my [composition book],” he says. (Rocky IV was the punchiest.) But Segal’s sports comedy is more than a fantasy mash-up. ”It can be dismissed as a high-concept idea,” he says, ”but there’s a lot of heart.” Enough for Warner Bros. to move the film from its original January 2014 release date to Christmas.
MATCH POINT Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Hart co-star in Grudge Match (Greg Peters)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation