Yep, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone play rival pugilists stepping back in the ring for one last fight. And yep, they starred in some other pretty famous boxing films. You don’t have to remind director Peter Segal, who studied Raging Bull and the Rocky movies closely. ”I counted every punch in my [composition book],” he says. (Rocky IV was the punchiest.) But Segal’s sports comedy is more than a fantasy mash-up. ”It can be dismissed as a high-concept idea,” he says, ”but there’s a lot of heart.” Enough for Warner Bros. to move the film from its original January 2014 release date to Christmas.
MATCH POINT Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Hart co-star in Grudge Match (Greg Peters)
Posted December 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mireille Enos is heading to Shondaland
- The EW Guide to Music Festival Season 2015
- AOL launches digital series 'Connected' on March 31
- 'Sound of Music' turns 50: Let's rank the Von Trapp children
- George Takei salutes Leonard Nimoy: 'the most human person I've ever met'
- On the Books: 'Divergent' author Veronica Roth signs two-book deal with HarperCollins