Yep, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone play rival pugilists stepping back in the ring for one last fight. And yep, they starred in some other pretty famous boxing films. You don’t have to remind director Peter Segal, who studied Raging Bull and the Rocky movies closely. ”I counted every punch in my [composition book],” he says. (Rocky IV was the punchiest.) But Segal’s sports comedy is more than a fantasy mash-up. ”It can be dismissed as a high-concept idea,” he says, ”but there’s a lot of heart.” Enough for Warner Bros. to move the film from its original January 2014 release date to Christmas.
MATCH POINT Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Hart co-star in Grudge Match (Greg Peters)
Posted December 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sir Ian McKellen on coming out: 'I became not just a happier person, but a better actor'
- Suspect arrested in Lil Wayne tour bus shooting
- Heavy metal fans are the most loyal, Spotify says
- James Franco yells about poop in Shia LaBeouf parody video
- Fox News: Why isn't media scrutinizing how Josh Duggar's police file got leaked?
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': A chat with Miss Congeniality winner Katya
- Clint Eastwood to direct Capt. 'Sully' biopic