Yep, Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone play rival pugilists stepping back in the ring for one last fight. And yep, they starred in some other pretty famous boxing films. You don’t have to remind director Peter Segal, who studied Raging Bull and the Rocky movies closely. ”I counted every punch in my [composition book],” he says. (Rocky IV was the punchiest.) But Segal’s sports comedy is more than a fantasy mash-up. ”It can be dismissed as a high-concept idea,” he says, ”but there’s a lot of heart.” Enough for Warner Bros. to move the film from its original January 2014 release date to Christmas.
MATCH POINT Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, and Kevin Hart co-star in Grudge Match (Greg Peters)
Posted December 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony
- 'Silence' reviews: Martin Scorsese's grand epic becomes dull roar
- 'GOTG 2' director James Gunn says Baby Groot isn't a marketing ploy
- Tim Miller on his 'Deadpool 2' exit: 'Don't believe what you read'
- Carrie Fisher feels 'guilty' over publicity of Harrison Ford affair
- Dwayne Johnson has been milking his 'Sexiest Man Alive' title at home