The Spanish Civil War is a big topic that requires a big canvas. Molina’s epic, tragic tale of one man’s experiences in love and war — a bourgeois architect is shaken to the core by his homeland’s changing politics and an adulterous tryst with an American woman — gives its subject the space it deserves and renders it vibrantly with intoxicating prose. Unfortunately, as with most intoxicants, too much gives you a hangover. The swirlingly ornate writing style and nonchronological plotting lend In the Night of Time the pace of a narcotized elephant. B-
In the Night of TimeThe Spanish Civil War is a big topic that requires a big canvas. Molina's epic, tragic tale of one man's experiences in love and war — a bourgeois...In the Night of TimeFictionAntonio Munoz MolinaThe Spanish Civil War is a big topic that requires a big canvas. Molina's epic, tragic tale of one man's experiences in love and war — a bourgeois...2014-01-03Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
IN THE NIGHT OF TIME Antonio Munoz Molina
Genre: Fiction; Author: Antonio Munoz Molina; Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Posted January 3 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Mother’s Day' trailer is the mother lode of Garry Marshall concoctions
- See the first trailer for Bravo's 'The Real Housewives of Dallas'
- Ewan McGregor becomes a spy in 'Our Kind of Traitor' trailer
- 'Walking Dead' creator Robert Kirkman says the Morgan-Carol conflict 'is only beginning'
- New 'Star Wars' LEGO series heading to Disney XD
- How many of the bestselling albums of the past 25 years do you own?
- Kevin Costner has Ryan Reynolds' memories in 'Criminal' trailer