What do you call a film which is part sequel, part reboot, and part Latino market-targeted brand extension? The Devil only knows. And as the Satanic forces of Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones communicate via a Simon Says game, we can?t illuminate you any further. On the other hand, we can say that in this fifth entry of the found footage horror series, Andrew Jacobs plays a recent high school graduate named Jesse who develops superpowers following the death of his witch neighbor, and Jorge Diaz plays his concerned, camera-toting buddy. The leads are appealing but the best scares will be familiar to anyone who has seen the previous films — or, for that matter, the trailer. C+
LOOK INTO MY EYES This bizzare reboot/sequel falls short of the mark set by the previous installations of the franchise.
Genre: Horror; Director: Christopher Landon; Release Date Wide: 01/03/2014; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 9 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zachary Quinto: Leonard Nimoy 'like family'
- Why Terrence Howard thinks they should use the 'N' word on 'Empire'
- Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock: 14 moments we love
- Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' dies
- Leonard Nimoy's legacy: A long and prosperous life remembered
- Leonard Nimoy: EW's Jeff Jensen talks 'passing of the torch' moment with Zachary Quinto
- Bill Cosby seeks dismissal of lawsuit