What do you call a film which is part sequel, part reboot, and part Latino market-targeted brand extension? The Devil only knows. And as the Satanic forces of Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones communicate via a Simon Says game, we can?t illuminate you any further. On the other hand, we can say that in this fifth entry of the found footage horror series, Andrew Jacobs plays a recent high school graduate named Jesse who develops superpowers following the death of his witch neighbor, and Jorge Diaz plays his concerned, camera-toting buddy. The leads are appealing but the best scares will be familiar to anyone who has seen the previous films — or, for that matter, the trailer. C+
LOOK INTO MY EYES This bizzare reboot/sequel falls short of the mark set by the previous installations of the franchise.
Genre: Horror; Director: Christopher Landon; Release Date Wide: 01/03/2014; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 9 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- Ed Sheeran: British red coat at Taylor Swift’s July 4 party
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!