What do you call a film which is part sequel, part reboot, and part Latino market-targeted brand extension? The Devil only knows. And as the Satanic forces of Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones communicate via a Simon Says game, we can?t illuminate you any further. On the other hand, we can say that in this fifth entry of the found footage horror series, Andrew Jacobs plays a recent high school graduate named Jesse who develops superpowers following the death of his witch neighbor, and Jorge Diaz plays his concerned, camera-toting buddy. The leads are appealing but the best scares will be familiar to anyone who has seen the previous films — or, for that matter, the trailer. C+
LOOK INTO MY EYES This bizzare reboot/sequel falls short of the mark set by the previous installations of the franchise.
Genre: Horror; Director: Christopher Landon; Release Date Wide: 01/03/2014; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 9 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama roasts Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch