What do you call a film which is part sequel, part reboot, and part Latino market-targeted brand extension? The Devil only knows. And as the Satanic forces of Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones communicate via a Simon Says game, we can?t illuminate you any further. On the other hand, we can say that in this fifth entry of the found footage horror series, Andrew Jacobs plays a recent high school graduate named Jesse who develops superpowers following the death of his witch neighbor, and Jorge Diaz plays his concerned, camera-toting buddy. The leads are appealing but the best scares will be familiar to anyone who has seen the previous films — or, for that matter, the trailer. C+
LOOK INTO MY EYES This bizzare reboot/sequel falls short of the mark set by the previous installations of the franchise.
Genre: Horror; Director: Christopher Landon; Release Date Wide: 01/03/2014; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 9 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!