What do you call a film which is part sequel, part reboot, and part Latino market-targeted brand extension? The Devil only knows. And as the Satanic forces of Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones communicate via a Simon Says game, we can?t illuminate you any further. On the other hand, we can say that in this fifth entry of the found footage horror series, Andrew Jacobs plays a recent high school graduate named Jesse who develops superpowers following the death of his witch neighbor, and Jorge Diaz plays his concerned, camera-toting buddy. The leads are appealing but the best scares will be familiar to anyone who has seen the previous films — or, for that matter, the trailer. C+
LOOK INTO MY EYES This bizzare reboot/sequel falls short of the mark set by the previous installations of the franchise.
Genre: Horror; Director: Christopher Landon; Release Date Wide: 01/03/2014; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 9 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters