What do you call a film which is part sequel, part reboot, and part Latino market-targeted brand extension? The Devil only knows. And as the Satanic forces of Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones communicate via a Simon Says game, we can?t illuminate you any further. On the other hand, we can say that in this fifth entry of the found footage horror series, Andrew Jacobs plays a recent high school graduate named Jesse who develops superpowers following the death of his witch neighbor, and Jorge Diaz plays his concerned, camera-toting buddy. The leads are appealing but the best scares will be familiar to anyone who has seen the previous films — or, for that matter, the trailer. C+
LOOK INTO MY EYES This bizzare reboot/sequel falls short of the mark set by the previous installations of the franchise.
Genre: Horror; Director: Christopher Landon; Release Date Wide: 01/03/2014; Runtime (in minutes): 84; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted January 9 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: There's trouble at sea in 'Fear the Walking Dead' teaser
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday