This season of The Simpsons has seen the show’s animation get ever more adventurous, with an epic Hobbit couch gag and an extended remake of the opening sequence by Guillermo Del Toro. This Sunday, The Simpsons pays tribute to an animation master, with an extended sequence featuring a host of references to the filmography of Hayao Miyazaki. Maybe it’s because Miyazaki’s final film, The Wind Rises, is slated to finally hit most American theaters next month. Or maybe they just love them some Catbus. Anyhow, watch the full eye-popping video below. Too much whimsy!
Posted January 10 2014 — 1:13 PM EST
- Jesse McCartney admits he's 'not a computer person,' carpools with 'Young & Hungry' co-star
- Bill Paxton talks 'Texas Rising': 'I believe I was born to play Sam Houston'
- Arya ready? 'Game of Thrones' fave Maisie Williams on life as wildest woman in Westeros
- Herman Wouk to release memoir in honor of 100th birthday
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': A first look at the Netflix revival with Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler and Elizabeth Banks
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!