This season of The Simpsons has seen the show’s animation get ever more adventurous, with an epic Hobbit couch gag and an extended remake of the opening sequence by Guillermo Del Toro. This Sunday, The Simpsons pays tribute to an animation master, with an extended sequence featuring a host of references to the filmography of Hayao Miyazaki. Maybe it’s because Miyazaki’s final film, The Wind Rises, is slated to finally hit most American theaters next month. Or maybe they just love them some Catbus. Anyhow, watch the full eye-popping video below. Too much whimsy!
Posted January 10 2014 — 1:13 PM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday