This season of The Simpsons has seen the show’s animation get ever more adventurous, with an epic Hobbit couch gag and an extended remake of the opening sequence by Guillermo Del Toro. This Sunday, The Simpsons pays tribute to an animation master, with an extended sequence featuring a host of references to the filmography of Hayao Miyazaki. Maybe it’s because Miyazaki’s final film, The Wind Rises, is slated to finally hit most American theaters next month. Or maybe they just love them some Catbus. Anyhow, watch the full eye-popping video below. Too much whimsy!
Posted January 10 2014 — 1:13 PM EST
- Comic series 'The Black Hood' announces new artists
- Harrison Ford describes revisiting the 'Star Wars' character that made him a legend
- New short film shows Reagan administration's slow response to AIDS epidemic
- Richard Hatch joins 'Biggest Loser': 'Why do I want to be fat?'
- 'Deadpool' gets a bit cheeky in his newest poster
- Selena Gomez enlists the Victoria's Secret Angels for 'Hands to Myself' video
- Penelope Cruz showcases her curves in 'Zoolander 2's international trailer