This season of The Simpsons has seen the show’s animation get ever more adventurous, with an epic Hobbit couch gag and an extended remake of the opening sequence by Guillermo Del Toro. This Sunday, The Simpsons pays tribute to an animation master, with an extended sequence featuring a host of references to the filmography of Hayao Miyazaki. Maybe it’s because Miyazaki’s final film, The Wind Rises, is slated to finally hit most American theaters next month. Or maybe they just love them some Catbus. Anyhow, watch the full eye-popping video below. Too much whimsy!
Posted January 10 2014 — 1:13 PM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!