This season of The Simpsons has seen the show’s animation get ever more adventurous, with an epic Hobbit couch gag and an extended remake of the opening sequence by Guillermo Del Toro. This Sunday, The Simpsons pays tribute to an animation master, with an extended sequence featuring a host of references to the filmography of Hayao Miyazaki. Maybe it’s because Miyazaki’s final film, The Wind Rises, is slated to finally hit most American theaters next month. Or maybe they just love them some Catbus. Anyhow, watch the full eye-popping video below. Too much whimsy!
Posted January 10 2014 — 1:13 PM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!