Director Jeff Preiss’ Low Down is based on Amy Albany’s memoir about growing up in LA with a single, troubled dad who was involved in the 1970s jazz scene. The two, along with Elle Fanning, Glenn Close, Flea, and Tim Daly, chatted with EW’s Nicole Sperling about the personal nature of the film and what working with Albany on set was like. Watch the clip below:
Posted January 21 2014 — 10:59 AM EST
- The MTV VMAs winners list for 2015
- Billy Ray Cyrus is live-tweeting the VMAs
- Here's how Miley Cyrus arrived on the MTV VMAs red carpet
- Taylor Swift brought her 'Bad Blood' squad to the VMAs red carpet
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!