If you want to know how two-time Olympic gold medal-winning snowboarder Shaun White practices seemingly impossible tricks like the Triple Cork 1440, you’ll want to check out his special Shaun White: Russia Calling, airing Jan. 25 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC. The exclusive clip below gives you a feel for the size of the halfpipe and the heights White soars to better than competition coverage you’ve seen on TV. The danger he faces also becomes clearer as his team watches him land the Triple Cork in an airbag: “He’s basically landing it, the thing is that there’s no good scenario if he doesn’t land it – he’s carted off by ski patrol if he doesn’t land it. So it’s so deep in his head that we just watch him land it over and over and over again to the bag, but to him, that’s his season, that’s his Olympics, if he doesn’t put it to snow right.”
Posted January 22 2014 — 3:19 PM EST
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game