Road trip comedy Land Ho! will be coming to a theater near you sometime this year. Sony Pictures Classics acquired worldwide rights to the movie this morning after its Sunday premiere at Sundance. In the film, two retirees (played by Paul Eenhoorn and Earl Lynn Nelson) jet off to Iceland to experience a crazy trip as an attempt to feel young again. Directed by Martha Stephens and Aaron Katz, Land Ho! is the first movie to be financed by Gamechanger, a new fund specifically made to finance films directed and co-directed by women.
Posted January 22 2014 — 12:56 PM EST
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages