Road trip comedy Land Ho! will be coming to a theater near you sometime this year. Sony Pictures Classics acquired worldwide rights to the movie this morning after its Sunday premiere at Sundance. In the film, two retirees (played by Paul Eenhoorn and Earl Lynn Nelson) jet off to Iceland to experience a crazy trip as an attempt to feel young again. Directed by Martha Stephens and Aaron Katz, Land Ho! is the first movie to be financed by Gamechanger, a new fund specifically made to finance films directed and co-directed by women.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Scream': MTV's new trailer messes with your head
- It's time for men in show business to 'have it all,' say the actresses in this spoof PSA
- 'Originals' latest victim dishes on his havoc-inducing death scene
- Melissa Etheridge summer tour includes shows with Blondie, Joan Jett
- CinemaCon 2015: How Tom Cruise, Ah-nold pitched their films to theater owners
- MTV unveils summer lineup with 5 new shows
- Sony has five-film plan for 'Bloodshot,' 'Harbinger' comic books
- ACM Awards 2015: We grade 19 full performances
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- Reese & Sofia, Michael B. Jordan, Rebecca & Jerry and More!