Road trip comedy Land Ho! will be coming to a theater near you sometime this year. Sony Pictures Classics acquired worldwide rights to the movie this morning after its Sunday premiere at Sundance. In the film, two retirees (played by Paul Eenhoorn and Earl Lynn Nelson) jet off to Iceland to experience a crazy trip as an attempt to feel young again. Directed by Martha Stephens and Aaron Katz, Land Ho! is the first movie to be financed by Gamechanger, a new fund specifically made to finance films directed and co-directed by women.
Posted January 22 2014 — 12:56 PM EST
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!