Road trip comedy Land Ho! will be coming to a theater near you sometime this year. Sony Pictures Classics acquired worldwide rights to the movie this morning after its Sunday premiere at Sundance. In the film, two retirees (played by Paul Eenhoorn and Earl Lynn Nelson) jet off to Iceland to experience a crazy trip as an attempt to feel young again. Directed by Martha Stephens and Aaron Katz, Land Ho! is the first movie to be financed by Gamechanger, a new fund specifically made to finance films directed and co-directed by women.
Posted January 22 2014 — 12:56 PM EST
- 'Twilight' vs. 'Life and Death': A sexy vampire glossary
- 'We Are Still Here': How they created the year's creepiest ghosts
- 'Grandfathered' snags 'Agent Carter' star as love interest
- Jared Leto stayed in character on 'Suicide Squad' set
- New Cosby accuser files lawsuit: 'It is my hope that he will in fact face justice'
- Nina Dobrev explains why she's the scariest cast member in 'The Final Girls'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman promises 'awesome boat stuff' in season 2