”Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,” New York magazine’s Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood. Culling from numerous sources — sociologists, historians, bleary-eyed parents — she seeks to unravel not just why parenting is such a daunting endeavor for today’s middle class but why we are all so relentlessly hard on ourselves. On the one hand, it’s a treat to read a parenting book that’s not about our precious children. On the other, what parent has the energy to be reminded how, and why, it’s all so difficult? B
All Joy and No Fun''Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,'' New York magazine's Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood....All Joy and No FunNonfictionJennifer Senior''Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,'' New York magazine's Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood....2014-02-05Ecco Press
ALL JOY AND NO FUN Jennifer Senior
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Jennifer Senior; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted February 5 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- See T-Pain sing the national anthem at a Dodgers game
- Sam Smith loves Hozier's cover of 'Lay Me Down'
- David Tennant helps remix Shakespeare with hip-hop in app
- Saoirse Ronan struggles with homesickness in the first clip from 'Brooklyn'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!