”Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,” New York magazine’s Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood. Culling from numerous sources — sociologists, historians, bleary-eyed parents — she seeks to unravel not just why parenting is such a daunting endeavor for today’s middle class but why we are all so relentlessly hard on ourselves. On the one hand, it’s a treat to read a parenting book that’s not about our precious children. On the other, what parent has the energy to be reminded how, and why, it’s all so difficult? B
All Joy and No Fun''Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,'' New York magazine's Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood....All Joy and No FunNonfictionJennifer Senior''Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,'' New York magazine's Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood....2014-02-05Ecco Press
ALL JOY AND NO FUN Jennifer Senior
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Jennifer Senior; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted February 5 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Breaking Bad' actor calls for more people with disabilities in Hollywood
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from 'Light Between Oceans'
- Stars put Jimmy Fallon to shame in dramatic game of Musical Beers
- The Must List: Sunday's VMAs, new Frank Ocean, and more
- Dave Grohl and Prophets of Rage cover the MC5's 'Kick Out the Jams'
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, 'Seinfeld' cast 'bonked' by Jimmy Fallon
- Seth Meyers revises offer for Donald Trump show 'Chicago President'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...