”Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,” New York magazine’s Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood. Culling from numerous sources — sociologists, historians, bleary-eyed parents — she seeks to unravel not just why parenting is such a daunting endeavor for today’s middle class but why we are all so relentlessly hard on ourselves. On the one hand, it’s a treat to read a parenting book that’s not about our precious children. On the other, what parent has the energy to be reminded how, and why, it’s all so difficult? B
All Joy and No Fun''Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,'' New York magazine's Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood....All Joy and No FunNonfictionJennifer Senior''Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,'' New York magazine's Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood....2014-02-05Ecco Press
ALL JOY AND NO FUN Jennifer Senior
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Jennifer Senior; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Jason Sudeikis looks back at 'SNL' and ahead towards 'Fletch'
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!