”Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,” New York magazine’s Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood. Culling from numerous sources — sociologists, historians, bleary-eyed parents — she seeks to unravel not just why parenting is such a daunting endeavor for today’s middle class but why we are all so relentlessly hard on ourselves. On the one hand, it’s a treat to read a parenting book that’s not about our precious children. On the other, what parent has the energy to be reminded how, and why, it’s all so difficult? B
All Joy and No Fun''Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,'' New York magazine's Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood....All Joy and No FunNonfictionJennifer Senior''Parents are able to feel guilt all the time,'' New York magazine's Jennifer Senior commiserates in her smart study of modern parenthood....2014-02-05Ecco Press
ALL JOY AND NO FUN Jennifer Senior
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Jennifer Senior; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted February 5 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- What to expect (and what we hope) will be at this year's San Diego Comic-Con
- Kourtney Kardashian, Scott Disick break up
- A$AP Rocky apologizes for those Rita Ora lyrics
- Zach Levi on 'Heroes: Reborn': I wanted something that wasn't Chuck
- Wall Street Journal to publish first chapter of Harper Lee's 'Go Set A Watchman'
- Will this be Hollywood's biggest box-office year ever?
- See Amy Schumer audition for 'The Real Housewives' of any city
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!