Corrigan’s cockeyed optimist of a father, the main subject of her 2008 memoir, The Middle Place, is her family’s sparkly show pony. But her no-nonsense mother, Mary, is its sturdy workhorse. Mary gets her own tribute in Glitter, in which Corrigan recalls a trip to Australia in her 20s and the nannying job she took when her money ran out, caring for kids who had just lost their mom. There Corrigan gained a new appreciation of Mary — and while her insights aren’t earth-shattering, they’re compelling. B+
Glitter and GlueCorrigan's cockeyed optimist of a father, the main subject of her 2008 memoir, The Middle Place, is her family's sparkly show pony. But her no...Glitter and GlueMemoirKelly CorriganCorrigan's cockeyed optimist of a father, the main subject of her 2008 memoir, The Middle Place, is her family's sparkly show pony. But her no...2014-02-07Ballantine Books
GLITTER AND GLUE Kelly Corrigan
Genre: Memoir; Author: Kelly Corrigan; Publisher: Ballantine Books
Posted February 7 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Peih-Gee Law on the advice Amanda Kimmel gave her
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!