Michael Jackson’s estate is currently embroiled in a fight with the IRS, according to the LA Times. The pop star’s executors claim that Jackson was only worth $7 million at the time of his death in 2009 while the IRS says he was worth $1.125 billion. The government agency is seeking $505 million in taxes and $197 million in penalties.
Posted February 8 2014 — 2:35 PM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE drops Gavin DeGraw collaboration 'Brother'—exclusive premiere
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters