Would you pay five bucks to see the stuff in the back of Louis C.K.’s closet? If so, head to the comedian’s website (louisck.net) and download Tomorrow Night, an amateurish, unfunny black-and-white film he wrote and directed in 1998, back when he was a struggling stand-up and TV writer. I suspect that C.K. isn’t delusional enough to think that his mothballed flick is any good. But he is asking you to pay him for it, so caveat emptor. A shapeless, laughless series of sight gags and lame vignettes, the movie has diarrhea jokes, a randy granny, and a weirdo who sits in a big bowl of ice cream while pleasuring himself. Laughing yet? The only reason for checking out the film is to see C.K. pals Steve Carell, JB Smoove, Wanda Sykes, and a blink-and-you’ll-miss-her Amy Poehler before they were famous. Oh, and for those five bucks, you can stream the film up to three times, which is less a value incentive than a threat. D
EVERYTHING'S POOR AND NOBODY'S HAPPY Louis C.K.'s Tomorrow Night, made in 1998, is a poor representation of how popular and entertaining the comedian actually is. (Kevin Mazur)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Steve Carell, Chuck Sklar, JB Smoove; Director: Louis C.K.; Author: Louis C.K.; Release Date Wide: 01/29/2014; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Circus King Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!