Would you pay five bucks to see the stuff in the back of Louis C.K.’s closet? If so, head to the comedian’s website (louisck.net) and download Tomorrow Night, an amateurish, unfunny black-and-white film he wrote and directed in 1998, back when he was a struggling stand-up and TV writer. I suspect that C.K. isn’t delusional enough to think that his mothballed flick is any good. But he is asking you to pay him for it, so caveat emptor. A shapeless, laughless series of sight gags and lame vignettes, the movie has diarrhea jokes, a randy granny, and a weirdo who sits in a big bowl of ice cream while pleasuring himself. Laughing yet? The only reason for checking out the film is to see C.K. pals Steve Carell, JB Smoove, Wanda Sykes, and a blink-and-you’ll-miss-her Amy Poehler before they were famous. Oh, and for those five bucks, you can stream the film up to three times, which is less a value incentive than a threat. D
EVERYTHING'S POOR AND NOBODY'S HAPPY Louis C.K.'s Tomorrow Night, made in 1998, is a poor representation of how popular and entertaining the comedian actually is. (Kevin Mazur)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Steve Carell, Chuck Sklar, JB Smoove; Director: Louis C.K.; Author: Louis C.K.; Release Date Wide: 01/29/2014; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Circus King Films
Posted February 13 2014 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Welcome to Sweden' canceled by NBC
- Kung Fu Panda 3 filmmaker explains why Kai is the series' first supernatural villain
- Queen Latifah, Mary J. Blige to star in NBC's The Wiz
- Marvel's Jessica Jones is 'incredibly flawed'
- Want to buy Jesse's 'Breaking Bad' house?
- 'Outlander' exclusive: King Louis XV cast for season 2
- Matthew Broderick joins Broadway's dog play, Sylvia
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!