John Henson, a second-generation puppeteer, has died at age 48. Henson – son of Muppets creator Jim Henson – suffered a sudden heart attack on Friday. The news was confirmed by the official Facebook page for the Jim Henson Company, of which John Henson was a shareholder and board member. The younger Henson also worked on several Muppets projects, playing the character Sweetums in films including Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space. He is survived by his wife, Gyongyi, and two daughters.
(D Dipasupil/Getty Images)
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Play 'Pac-Man' around the world in Google Maps
- Showtime renews 'House of Lies' for fifth season
- Linda Lavin to return to Broadway in 'Our Mother's Brief Affair'
- Fox's 'Weird Loners' aren't quite weird or lonely enough
- 'Arrow'-'Flash' spinoff's role for Caity Lotz? Let's theorize...
- Beastie Boys' Adam Horovitz gives relationship advice in 'Ask a Grown Man'
- 'Ellen,' 'GH' lead Daytime Emmy noms
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!