John Henson, a second-generation puppeteer, has died at age 48. Henson – son of Muppets creator Jim Henson – suffered a sudden heart attack on Friday. The news was confirmed by the official Facebook page for the Jim Henson Company, of which John Henson was a shareholder and board member. The younger Henson also worked on several Muppets projects, playing the character Sweetums in films including Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space. He is survived by his wife, Gyongyi, and two daughters.
(D Dipasupil/Getty Images)
Posted February 15 2014 — 6:28 PM EST
- Jesse McCartney admits he's 'not a computer person,' carpools with 'Young & Hungry' co-star
- Bill Paxton talks 'Texas Rising': 'I believe I was born to play Sam Houston'
- Arya ready? 'Game of Thrones' fave Maisie Williams on life as wildest woman in Westeros
- Herman Wouk to release memoir in honor of 100th birthday
- Billy Eichner and Martin Short yell at strangers—for a good cause
- 'Wet Hot American Summer': A first look at the Netflix revival with Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler and Elizabeth Banks
- Watch Weird Al portray Jesus Christ in a silent film
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!