John Henson, a second-generation puppeteer, has died at age 48. Henson – son of Muppets creator Jim Henson – suffered a sudden heart attack on Friday. The news was confirmed by the official Facebook page for the Jim Henson Company, of which John Henson was a shareholder and board member. The younger Henson also worked on several Muppets projects, playing the character Sweetums in films including Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets From Space. He is survived by his wife, Gyongyi, and two daughters.
(D Dipasupil/Getty Images)
Posted February 15 2014 — 6:28 PM EST
- Disney eyes live-action 'Prince Charming'
- Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend lands own Beats 1 Radio show
- 'Sesame Street': Sonia 'Maria' Manzano's 7 favorites
- 'Hannibal': No go at Netflix, Amazon
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July box office no picnic for Hollywood
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!