Kentucky pastor Jamie Coots – who starred on National Geographic’s Snake Salvation, a reality show about the practice of serpent-handling in church – has died of a poisonous snake bite. CNN reports that Coots died Saturday evening in his home after refusing treatment. According to Deadline, National Geographic was not planning a second season of Snake Salvation, but will air a special tribute episode for Coots.
Posted February 16 2014 — 3:01 PM EST
- Meyers' writers take on black Santa in Jokes Seth Can't Tell segment
- Donald Trump is TIME's Person of the Year
- Ryan Adams announces new album and releases first song
- Donald Trump explains 'SNL' hate: 'It's a terrible show'
- Hold onto your suitcase! Unlocking 'Fantastic Beasts' theories
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Shut Eye' debuts on Hulu
- Chris Pratt and Jimmy Fallon do a Christmas-themed Mad Libs
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans