One year after winning the Best Actor Oscar for Lincoln, Daniel Day-Lewis has finally found his next performance. The three-time Oscar winner will essay the role of “Daniel Day-Lewis” at this year’s Oscar ceremony, where he will take a rare supporting role as a presenter. The Academy confirmed the news on its site. It’s unclear what award Day-Lewis will present, but sources indicate that the actor has already been preparing for the role with his famously intense Method techniques, having spent the last 56 years in character as “Daniel Day-Lewis.” He joins an ensemble that already includes human GIF Jennifer Lawrence and the world’s most popular U2 cover band.
Posted February 17 2014 — 2:15 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt