One year after winning the Best Actor Oscar for Lincoln, Daniel Day-Lewis has finally found his next performance. The three-time Oscar winner will essay the role of “Daniel Day-Lewis” at this year’s Oscar ceremony, where he will take a rare supporting role as a presenter. The Academy confirmed the news on its site. It’s unclear what award Day-Lewis will present, but sources indicate that the actor has already been preparing for the role with his famously intense Method techniques, having spent the last 56 years in character as “Daniel Day-Lewis.” He joins an ensemble that already includes human GIF Jennifer Lawrence and the world’s most popular U2 cover band.
Posted February 17 2014 — 2:15 PM EST
- Sean Combs UCLA fight: No felony charge
- Casting Net: Mark Wahlberg, Peter Berg to reteam for 'Mile 22'
- Channing Tatum is 21 and adorable in this video from Fashion Week 2002
- Taylor Swift's '1989' leads Nielsen's mid-year charts, naturally
- Disney princes get a Magic Mike makeover
- Marvel teases 'Ant-Man' in fake news report
- Harper Lee's 'Go Set a Watchman' might have discovered earlier than reported