One year after winning the Best Actor Oscar for Lincoln, Daniel Day-Lewis has finally found his next performance. The three-time Oscar winner will essay the role of “Daniel Day-Lewis” at this year’s Oscar ceremony, where he will take a rare supporting role as a presenter. The Academy confirmed the news on its site. It’s unclear what award Day-Lewis will present, but sources indicate that the actor has already been preparing for the role with his famously intense Method techniques, having spent the last 56 years in character as “Daniel Day-Lewis.” He joins an ensemble that already includes human GIF Jennifer Lawrence and the world’s most popular U2 cover band.
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- 'Full House' revival at Netflix officially on; 13 episodes to arrive in 2016
- 'Inside Amy Schumer' renewed
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our audience with returning queen
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!