One year after winning the Best Actor Oscar for Lincoln, Daniel Day-Lewis has finally found his next performance. The three-time Oscar winner will essay the role of “Daniel Day-Lewis” at this year’s Oscar ceremony, where he will take a rare supporting role as a presenter. The Academy confirmed the news on its site. It’s unclear what award Day-Lewis will present, but sources indicate that the actor has already been preparing for the role with his famously intense Method techniques, having spent the last 56 years in character as “Daniel Day-Lewis.” He joins an ensemble that already includes human GIF Jennifer Lawrence and the world’s most popular U2 cover band.
Posted February 17 2014 — 2:15 PM EST
- Usher announces new album, 'Hard II Love'
- 'The Girl on the Train': The terrifying scene that's not in the book
- 'The Art of Jock' is an in-depth look at a unique comic artist
- VMAs 2016: Who will win?
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Jason Momoa now has his own Guinness beer
- When are the VMAs? And other burning questions answered!