HBO played a new trailer for season 4 of Game of Thrones last night, and it is a feast for the eyes. Pyramids! Dragons! Jaime Lannister with short hair! Pretty much everybody is swearing some kind of blood vengeance against somebody else. There’s a quick shot of new character Oberyn Martell (Pedro Pascal), who gets the best line: “The Lannisters aren’t the only ones who pay their debts.” There’s also a quick peek at a new character: If you read the books, you’ll be all like “Whoaaaaaaa!” and if not, you’ll be all like “Bwaaaaaah?” Also, swords. All in all, looks like a quiet and uneventful season of television. Watch below:
Posted February 17 2014 — 9:59 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!