HBO played a new trailer for season 4 of Game of Thrones last night, and it is a feast for the eyes. Pyramids! Dragons! Jaime Lannister with short hair! Pretty much everybody is swearing some kind of blood vengeance against somebody else. There’s a quick shot of new character Oberyn Martell (Pedro Pascal), who gets the best line: “The Lannisters aren’t the only ones who pay their debts.” There’s also a quick peek at a new character: If you read the books, you’ll be all like “Whoaaaaaaa!” and if not, you’ll be all like “Bwaaaaaah?” Also, swords. All in all, looks like a quiet and uneventful season of television. Watch below:
Posted February 17 2014 — 9:59 AM EST
- Comic-Con: 'South Park' creators won't do another Pokémon episode
- Comic-Con 2016: ‘Scream Queens’ boss teases ‘bloodier and funnier’ season 2
- LISTEN: Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘Everyone is an a—hole' on 'Scream Queens'
- WATCH: See the new trailer for the secret 'Blair Witch' sequel
- 'Ms. Marvel' co-creator on helping to make comics more diverse
- 'iZombie' panel reveals Robert Knepper's return as Blaine's dad
- John Lewis on civil rights leaders: 'We didn't hate'