HBO played a new trailer for season 4 of Game of Thrones last night, and it is a feast for the eyes. Pyramids! Dragons! Jaime Lannister with short hair! Pretty much everybody is swearing some kind of blood vengeance against somebody else. There’s a quick shot of new character Oberyn Martell (Pedro Pascal), who gets the best line: “The Lannisters aren’t the only ones who pay their debts.” There’s also a quick peek at a new character: If you read the books, you’ll be all like “Whoaaaaaaa!” and if not, you’ll be all like “Bwaaaaaah?” Also, swords. All in all, looks like a quiet and uneventful season of television. Watch below:
Posted February 17 2014 — 9:59 AM EST
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!