If you thought Alec Baldwin was cantankerous, even he pales compared to the veteran Broadway and TV star Elaine Stritch. In Chiemi Karasawa’s new documentary Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, opening in limited release this Friday, the 89-year-old actress (and Today show F-bomb-dropper) recounts her turbulent life on the stage and screen, her battles with alcoholism, and her improbable comeback in the last decade. In this exclusive clip, we see Stritch on the set of 30 Rock, where she played the wasp-tongued mother of Alec Baldwin’s network exec Jack Donaghy (a role that earned the actress her third Emmy Award in 2008). On set, she mixes it up with Tina Fey and Baldwin, a kindred spirit who hilariously grumbles about the veteran scene-stealer in rehearsal. “Don’t you last-word me, you,” he says. “It’s my laugh-line, you bitch.” And her reaction to his grousing is just as priceless.
- That time Jon Stewart saved Bill Clinton from an awkward encounter
- Eddie Redmayne stuns in new posters for 'The Danish Girl'
- Walt Disney experts dismiss allegations he was anti-Semitic
- See the latest trailer for 'The Intern'
- John Oliver uses song to explain why Washington, D.C., should become a state
- David Byrne calls for streaming service transparency in op-ed
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!