If you thought Alec Baldwin was cantankerous, even he pales compared to the veteran Broadway and TV star Elaine Stritch. In Chiemi Karasawa’s new documentary Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, opening in limited release this Friday, the 89-year-old actress (and Today show F-bomb-dropper) recounts her turbulent life on the stage and screen, her battles with alcoholism, and her improbable comeback in the last decade. In this exclusive clip, we see Stritch on the set of 30 Rock, where she played the wasp-tongued mother of Alec Baldwin’s network exec Jack Donaghy (a role that earned the actress her third Emmy Award in 2008). On set, she mixes it up with Tina Fey and Baldwin, a kindred spirit who hilariously grumbles about the veteran scene-stealer in rehearsal. “Don’t you last-word me, you,” he says. “It’s my laugh-line, you bitch.” And her reaction to his grousing is just as priceless.
- A$AP Rocky dropped his new album at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!