Manhattan family therapist Grace Sachs is on the verge of publishing her first book, a marriage manual called You Should Have Known, which encourages women to heed their intuition when it comes to picking a life partner. It’s the ultimate irony, then, when the seemingly happily married Grace discovers her oncologist husband is missing — and may have been involved in a horrible crime. If you’re looking for a Gone Girl-worthy twist in Korelitz’s tale of a marriage gone wrong, you won’t find it. Though it’s intriguing to watch Grace piece together the mystery of her mate’s wrongdoing, the plot moves slowly, weighed down by superfluous detail (Grace likes shopping at Eli’s!). Really, she should have known…much sooner. B
You Should Have KnownManhattan family therapist Grace Sachs is on the verge of publishing her first book, a marriage manual called You Should Have Known,...You Should Have KnownFictionJean Hanff KorelitzManhattan family therapist Grace Sachs is on the verge of publishing her first book, a marriage manual called You Should Have Known,...2014-03-19Grand Central Publishing
YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN Jean Hanff Korelitz
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jean Hanff Korelitz; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!