The Devil’s Punchbowl, the last novel to feature prosecutor and author Penn Cage, ended in a giant cliff-hanger more than five years ago. This e-novella ties up some of those loose ends and finds Penn dealing with several major crises: his father’s heart attack, his wife’s cancer, and a botched crime investigation. There’s a lot going on, but The Death Factory feels like a long transition into the main event, which is Natchez Burning, the next Penn Cage novel coming in April. WHY E-ONLY Other thriller authors, such as Lee Child, have put out half installments like this one to add a mini-sode to a larger series. B-
The Death FactoryThe Devil's Punchbowl, the last novel to feature prosecutor and author Penn Cage, ended in a giant cliff-hanger more than five years ago. This e...The Death FactoryFictionGreg IlesThe Devil's Punchbowl, the last novel to feature prosecutor and author Penn Cage, ended in a giant cliff-hanger more than five years ago. This e...2014-03-21William Morrow Impulse
THE DEATH FACTORY Greg Iles
Genre: Fiction; Author: Greg Iles; Publisher: William Morrow Impulse
Posted March 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!