Sara Barron is constantly amused and baffled by her painfully awkward interactions with other people. Whether she’s moving into a friend’s walk-in closet because she’s priced out of Manhattan real estate, discussing her love of bad music, or going on a hot date at Chipotle, we’re lucky to squirm alongside her. There are a few too many chapters about her suburban childhood, but once she shifts the scene to the Big Apple, Barron makes for great company. The show-stopping penultimate essay alone — about a writing class-turned-dysfunctional group-therapy session — is worth the price of admission. B+
The Harm In AskingSara Barron is constantly amused and baffled by her painfully awkward interactions with other people. Whether she's moving into a friend's walk-in closet...The Harm In AskingEssaysSara BarronSara Barron is constantly amused and baffled by her painfully awkward interactions with other people. Whether she's moving into a friend's walk-in closet...2014-03-21Three Rivers Press
THE HARM IN ASKING Sara Barron
Genre: Essays; Author: Sara Barron; Publisher: Three Rivers Press
Posted March 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!