Don’t do drugs, kids…unless said drugs transform your neurological makeup to give you superhero-level mind powers. That’s what happens in Luc Besson’s action thriller Lucy (out Aug. 8), starring Scarlett Johansson as a young woman who turns the tables on those exploiting her when experimental drugs give her hyperpowered ass-kicking abilities. “I love to see a woman as a very strong character,” says Besson (The Professional and La Femme Nikita). “It’s like cooking: sugar with a bit of salt, and Lucy definitely can get salty.” Keep your eyes peeled for the trailer, which is scheduled to hit iTunes on April 2.
Posted March 28 2014 — 12:00 PM EDT
- EW Recommends The Last Man on Earth, Grace and Frankie, and more
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Swisher joins untitled Tommy Johnagin pilot
- On the Books: 'Clueless' star Stacey Dash signs book deal
- Kelly Osbourne is leaving E!'s Fashion Police
- 'Focus': The reviews are in...