Don’t do drugs, kids…unless said drugs transform your neurological makeup to give you superhero-level mind powers. That’s what happens in Luc Besson’s action thriller Lucy (out Aug. 8), starring Scarlett Johansson as a young woman who turns the tables on those exploiting her when experimental drugs give her hyperpowered ass-kicking abilities. “I love to see a woman as a very strong character,” says Besson (The Professional and La Femme Nikita). “It’s like cooking: sugar with a bit of salt, and Lucy definitely can get salty.” Keep your eyes peeled for the trailer, which is scheduled to hit iTunes on April 2.
Posted March 28 2014 — 12:00 PM EDT
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels