Don’t do drugs, kids…unless said drugs transform your neurological makeup to give you superhero-level mind powers. That’s what happens in Luc Besson’s action thriller Lucy (out Aug. 8), starring Scarlett Johansson as a young woman who turns the tables on those exploiting her when experimental drugs give her hyperpowered ass-kicking abilities. “I love to see a woman as a very strong character,” says Besson (The Professional and La Femme Nikita). “It’s like cooking: sugar with a bit of salt, and Lucy definitely can get salty.” Keep your eyes peeled for the trailer, which is scheduled to hit iTunes on April 2.
Posted March 28 2014 — 12:00 PM EDT
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take