Don’t do drugs, kids…unless said drugs transform your neurological makeup to give you superhero-level mind powers. That’s what happens in Luc Besson’s action thriller Lucy (out Aug. 8), starring Scarlett Johansson as a young woman who turns the tables on those exploiting her when experimental drugs give her hyperpowered ass-kicking abilities. “I love to see a woman as a very strong character,” says Besson (The Professional and La Femme Nikita). “It’s like cooking: sugar with a bit of salt, and Lucy definitely can get salty.” Keep your eyes peeled for the trailer, which is scheduled to hit iTunes on April 2.
Posted March 28 2014 — 12:00 PM EDT
- Chadwick Boseman, Josh Gad, Sterling K. Brown cover Boyz II Men on set
- Judi Dench gets a tattoo for 81st birthday
- Gay Talese renounces his new book over credibility concerns
- Cinemark lawyers want Aurora shooting victims to foot $700K legal bill
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey’ get Snapchat geofilter treatment
- ‘War Dogs’: Miles Teller, Jonah Hill do dirty deeds in new trailer
- 'Game of Thrones': Comedian nails impressions of your favorite characters
- This Is What the 2006 'The Devil Wears Prada' Premiere Looked Like
- 27 Outspoken Celebrity Feminists
- 'The Devil Wears Prada': Patricia Field on Andy's Style Evolution
- 'Superman' cape, 'I Love Lucy' dress, and more up for auction
- 10 Sequels That Took More Than 10 Years
- See the Famous Voices Behind 'Anastasia'