Nearly 20 years after The American President, Michael Douglas reunites with director Rob Reiner for a comedy in which he plays widowed Realtor Oren Little. When his estranged son is sent to jail, Oren is saddled with the 9-year-old granddaughter (Sterling Jerins) he never knew he had. Soon he’s foisting his granddaughter on a sweet neighbor (Diane Keaton) with whom he eventually makes a love connection. Douglas relished the chance to work with Keaton. ”She’s a good kisser, that’s for sure,” he says. Plus, the Connecticut shoot was a mere 35-minute commute from his home base in New York City. ”It’s always more comfortable when you can sleep in your own bed.”
Posted April 11 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop