In her remake of Jane Austen’s story of an eligible young woman with an overactive imagination, McDermid changes the protagonist’s fascination with gothic literature to supernatural-themed YA. The novel’s plot seems YA too when brought into the modern day — all chance encounters and does-he-like-me dithering. Worth a read for those wondering how Facebook might have fit into Austen’s net of social mores. B
Northanger AbbeyIn her remake of Jane Austen's story of an eligible young woman with an overactive imagination, McDermid changes the protagonist's fascination with gothic...Northanger AbbeyFictionVal McDermidIn her remake of Jane Austen's story of an eligible young woman with an overactive imagination, McDermid changes the protagonist's fascination with gothic...2014-04-11Grove Press
NORTHANGER ABBEY Val McDermid
Genre: Fiction; Author: Val McDermid; Publisher: Grove Press
Posted April 11 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday