In her remake of Jane Austen’s story of an eligible young woman with an overactive imagination, McDermid changes the protagonist’s fascination with gothic literature to supernatural-themed YA. The novel’s plot seems YA too when brought into the modern day — all chance encounters and does-he-like-me dithering. Worth a read for those wondering how Facebook might have fit into Austen’s net of social mores. B
Northanger AbbeyIn her remake of Jane Austen's story of an eligible young woman with an overactive imagination, McDermid changes the protagonist's fascination with gothic...Northanger AbbeyFictionVal McDermidIn her remake of Jane Austen's story of an eligible young woman with an overactive imagination, McDermid changes the protagonist's fascination with gothic...2014-04-11Grove Press
NORTHANGER ABBEY Val McDermid
Genre: Fiction; Author: Val McDermid; Publisher: Grove Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'You're the Worst' casts former 'Office' actor for season 2
- 'Suicide Squad': Who's who in the new cast photo
- EW's 2015 Baby Power List: Princess Charlotte debuts at...?
- Charlize Theron on going bald for 'Mad Max'
- Jaden Smith deletes his Twitter
- Domhnall Gleeson talks 'Star Wars' while playing 'Star Wars'
- Match these 'Star Wars' characters with their home worlds
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!