The directorial debut of Wally Pfister, Christopher Nolan’s longtime cinematographer, Transcendence follows a computer scientist (Johnny Depp) who spends his time studying artificial intelligence. However, after Depp’s character is attacked by anti-technology activists, he’s uploaded into a mainframe, a.k.a. literally trapped inside a machine. Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, and Rebecca Hall also star.
RISE OF THE MACHINES Morgan Freeman joins Johnny Depp in Wally Pfister's debut thriller about the point at which artificial intelligence surpasses human intelligence. (Peter Mountain)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!