The directorial debut of Wally Pfister, Christopher Nolan’s longtime cinematographer, Transcendence follows a computer scientist (Johnny Depp) who spends his time studying artificial intelligence. However, after Depp’s character is attacked by anti-technology activists, he’s uploaded into a mainframe, a.k.a. literally trapped inside a machine. Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, and Rebecca Hall also star.
RISE OF THE MACHINES Morgan Freeman joins Johnny Depp in Wally Pfister's debut thriller about the point at which artificial intelligence surpasses human intelligence. (Peter Mountain)
Posted April 18 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Two more seasons of 'Serial' are on their way
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans wanted for allegedly attacking ex-fiance
- Kanye West tapped as a headliner for Atlanta's Birthday Bash 20
- Taylor Swift's 'Bad Blood' hits No. 1
- Suge Knight refuses to attend hearing
- MTV 'Catfish' subject arrested in D.C.
- Tracy Morgan settles with Walmart