The directorial debut of Wally Pfister, Christopher Nolan’s longtime cinematographer, Transcendence follows a computer scientist (Johnny Depp) who spends his time studying artificial intelligence. However, after Depp’s character is attacked by anti-technology activists, he’s uploaded into a mainframe, a.k.a. literally trapped inside a machine. Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, and Rebecca Hall also star.
RISE OF THE MACHINES Morgan Freeman joins Johnny Depp in Wally Pfister's debut thriller about the point at which artificial intelligence surpasses human intelligence. (Peter Mountain)
Posted April 18 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andrew Lincoln tells you what is coming up next on 'The Walking Dead'
- See the Mountain from 'Game of Thrones' toss a keg 23 feet in the air
- Hear Beyoncé on Coldplay's new song
- 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer shatters Marvel viewing record
- See Skrillex's insane video for his remix of GTA's 'Red Lips'
- New Order releases statement about Peter Hook's lawsuit against band
- See the 'Fresh Off The Boat' cast invoke Ang Lee in Golden Globes plea