The directorial debut of Wally Pfister, Christopher Nolan’s longtime cinematographer, Transcendence follows a computer scientist (Johnny Depp) who spends his time studying artificial intelligence. However, after Depp’s character is attacked by anti-technology activists, he’s uploaded into a mainframe, a.k.a. literally trapped inside a machine. Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, and Rebecca Hall also star.
RISE OF THE MACHINES Morgan Freeman joins Johnny Depp in Wally Pfister's debut thriller about the point at which artificial intelligence surpasses human intelligence. (Peter Mountain)
Posted April 18 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- 'Survivor Talk': Stephen and Ciera critique each other's games
- New honest trailer points out how 'Minions' is kind of like 'Joey'
- Digital stars call for YouTube to delete Sam Pepper's channel
- Fox responds to reports of bear rape in 'The Revenant'
- 'Scream Queens' exclusive: Black Friday gets bloody
- Sara Bareilles' 'Waitress' makes history with all-female creative team