Hiccup, the clever boy who brokered peace between Vikings and dragons in 2010’s CG-animated hit How to Train Your Dragon, is poised to enter a bigger world. While exploring new lands with his dragon, Toothless, he meets his long-lost mother (Cate Blanchett), a Dian Fossey of dragons — and battles dragon trappers hoping to build an evil fire-breathing army. He’s also now a leather-clad 20-year-old. ”It’s like the first time you see Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back and he’s got that whole badass outfit on,” says Jay Baruchel, who voices the gangly hero who made him an unlikely star among very young fans. ”When This Is the End came out,” the actor recalls, ”so many kids on Twitter said, ‘All I see is Hiccup swearing.”’
HICCUP AND TOOTHLESS No, it's not a dental issue. (Dreamworks Animation)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Billy Ray Cyrus is live-tweeting the VMAs
- Here's how Miley Cyrus arrived on the MTV VMAs red carpet
- Taylor Swift brought her 'Bad Blood' squad to the VMAs red carpet
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- Netflix will lose 'Catching Fire,' 'Transformers' at the end of September
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!