Hiccup, the clever boy who brokered peace between Vikings and dragons in 2010’s CG-animated hit How to Train Your Dragon, is poised to enter a bigger world. While exploring new lands with his dragon, Toothless, he meets his long-lost mother (Cate Blanchett), a Dian Fossey of dragons — and battles dragon trappers hoping to build an evil fire-breathing army. He’s also now a leather-clad 20-year-old. ”It’s like the first time you see Luke Skywalker in The Empire Strikes Back and he’s got that whole badass outfit on,” says Jay Baruchel, who voices the gangly hero who made him an unlikely star among very young fans. ”When This Is the End came out,” the actor recalls, ”so many kids on Twitter said, ‘All I see is Hiccup swearing.”’
HICCUP AND TOOTHLESS No, it's not a dental issue. (Dreamworks Animation)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!