John Lloyd Young, who won a Tony award in 2006 for his portrayal of the falsetto giant Frankie Valli in the hit Broadway musical Jersey Boys, didn’t realize that a routine Sunday-matinee performance was his big-screen audition. ”The first time I met Clint Eastwood was backstage after the show,” says Young. ”And the next time was on set. I can’t imagine a better beginning to what I hope will be a Hollywood career.” Young’s Valli ages from 16 to 60 in the rags-to-riches Cinderfella story, which also stars Christopher Walken as the mobster who’s a father figure to the young Four Seasons.
THE STORY ABOUT THE FOUR SEASONS The rock 'n roll group not the hotel. (Keith Bernstein)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amy Schumer made out with her boyfriend on Kiss Cam at the Mets game
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Showrunner talks crafting this year's crisis
- 'Power' finale postmortem: What that arrest means for Ghost
- 'Quantico': Will you be tuning in to season 2?
- Lea Michele would rather Calvin Harris over Tom Hiddleston
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner addresses what happened to Chris
- 'Last Man on Earth' premiere: Will Forte on THAT celebrity cameo