John Lloyd Young, who won a Tony award in 2006 for his portrayal of the falsetto giant Frankie Valli in the hit Broadway musical Jersey Boys, didn’t realize that a routine Sunday-matinee performance was his big-screen audition. ”The first time I met Clint Eastwood was backstage after the show,” says Young. ”And the next time was on set. I can’t imagine a better beginning to what I hope will be a Hollywood career.” Young’s Valli ages from 16 to 60 in the rags-to-riches Cinderfella story, which also stars Christopher Walken as the mobster who’s a father figure to the young Four Seasons.
THE STORY ABOUT THE FOUR SEASONS The rock 'n roll group not the hotel. (Keith Bernstein)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Miguel announces release date for new album 'Wildheart'
- Jon Hamm takes lead in Tony Gilroy's 'High Wire Act'
- 'Big Bang Theory' finale: Is someone going to break up?
- Jason Clarke, Rosamund Pike to star in WWII drama
- Everything we know about 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Key & Peele imagine a world without racism in new sketch
- Hot Chocolate singer Errol Brown dies at age 71
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Chrissy & John, Reese Witherspoon, Charles Esten & More!