John Lloyd Young, who won a Tony award in 2006 for his portrayal of the falsetto giant Frankie Valli in the hit Broadway musical Jersey Boys, didn’t realize that a routine Sunday-matinee performance was his big-screen audition. ”The first time I met Clint Eastwood was backstage after the show,” says Young. ”And the next time was on set. I can’t imagine a better beginning to what I hope will be a Hollywood career.” Young’s Valli ages from 16 to 60 in the rags-to-riches Cinderfella story, which also stars Christopher Walken as the mobster who’s a father figure to the young Four Seasons.
THE STORY ABOUT THE FOUR SEASONS The rock 'n roll group not the hotel. (Keith Bernstein)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' boss teases new Murder Night and more
- Kanye West reveals final track list for album now named 'The Life of Pablo'
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday