John Lloyd Young, who won a Tony award in 2006 for his portrayal of the falsetto giant Frankie Valli in the hit Broadway musical Jersey Boys, didn’t realize that a routine Sunday-matinee performance was his big-screen audition. ”The first time I met Clint Eastwood was backstage after the show,” says Young. ”And the next time was on set. I can’t imagine a better beginning to what I hope will be a Hollywood career.” Young’s Valli ages from 16 to 60 in the rags-to-riches Cinderfella story, which also stars Christopher Walken as the mobster who’s a father figure to the young Four Seasons.
THE STORY ABOUT THE FOUR SEASONS The rock 'n roll group not the hotel. (Keith Bernstein)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear the Grateful Dead shred on a 1981 version of 'Shakedown Street'
- Paul Feig shares first look at new 'Ghostbusters' proton pack
- A 'Back to the Future' remake? Over Robert Zemeckis's dead body.
- Jon Stewart takes on criticism against Supreme Court marriage equality decision
- Vanessa Bayer nails an impression of this 'Friends' character
- Kids share their thoughts on marriage equality on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Evangeline Lilly reveals pregnancy