John Lloyd Young, who won a Tony award in 2006 for his portrayal of the falsetto giant Frankie Valli in the hit Broadway musical Jersey Boys, didn’t realize that a routine Sunday-matinee performance was his big-screen audition. ”The first time I met Clint Eastwood was backstage after the show,” says Young. ”And the next time was on set. I can’t imagine a better beginning to what I hope will be a Hollywood career.” Young’s Valli ages from 16 to 60 in the rags-to-riches Cinderfella story, which also stars Christopher Walken as the mobster who’s a father figure to the young Four Seasons.
THE STORY ABOUT THE FOUR SEASONS The rock 'n roll group not the hotel. (Keith Bernstein)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Josh Gad Voices a Reincarnated Dog in 'A Dog's Purpose' Trailer
- Oprah Winfrey reveals a ‘Queen Sugar’ sex scene gave her an idea
- Clea DuVall on her directorial debut, 'The Intervention'
- DNCE explain the weirdest interpretation of 'Cake by the Ocean'
- 'Freaks and Geeks': John Francis Daley shares behind-the-scenes photos
- Billionaire Richard Branson nearly died in bike crash
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Arrow,' 'Grey's' and more