John Lloyd Young, who won a Tony award in 2006 for his portrayal of the falsetto giant Frankie Valli in the hit Broadway musical Jersey Boys, didn’t realize that a routine Sunday-matinee performance was his big-screen audition. ”The first time I met Clint Eastwood was backstage after the show,” says Young. ”And the next time was on set. I can’t imagine a better beginning to what I hope will be a Hollywood career.” Young’s Valli ages from 16 to 60 in the rags-to-riches Cinderfella story, which also stars Christopher Walken as the mobster who’s a father figure to the young Four Seasons.
THE STORY ABOUT THE FOUR SEASONS The rock 'n roll group not the hotel. (Keith Bernstein)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Yoko Ono announces next collaborative album, 'Yes, I'm a Witch, Too'
- Michael Moore opens up about about making his latest film in secret
- Simon Pegg plays a drunk Ron Weasley on 'The Tonight Show'
- Yoko Ono and the Flaming Lips cover John Lennon's 'Happy Xmas (War Is Over)'
- Michael Shannon joins Broadway's 'Long Day’s Journey Into Night' revival
- Janis Ian: 'I have a personal stake' in Bill Cosby
- 'Sicario': Emily Blunt faces the cartels in exclusive new poster
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!