”When people say they’re tired of seeing the same stories regurgitated over and over again, this is the answer,” says Channing Tatum, who stars in a planet-hopping sci-fi-romance-action opus by Andy and Lana Wachowski (The Matrix). He plays an alien bounty hunter sent to rescue a human janitor named Jupiter (Mila Kunis) who doesn’t know she’s a member of intergalactic royalty. ”She’s a smart-ass, but she ultimately becomes a badass,” says Kunis of her character. ”She’s like the Batman of girls.” For Tatum, the Wachowskis’ commitment to non-CG stunts was a big lure — and led to a few close calls. ”There was one tense moment when Mila and I were hoisted about 70 feet up on wires, and the camera was moving on a crane straight toward us,” he says. ”I had to just kick the camera to get us out of the way.”
REAL LIFE HERO Not only does Channing Tatum rescue Mila Kunis in the movie, he also rescued her on set. So hot. (Warner Bros)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy