”When people say they’re tired of seeing the same stories regurgitated over and over again, this is the answer,” says Channing Tatum, who stars in a planet-hopping sci-fi-romance-action opus by Andy and Lana Wachowski (The Matrix). He plays an alien bounty hunter sent to rescue a human janitor named Jupiter (Mila Kunis) who doesn’t know she’s a member of intergalactic royalty. ”She’s a smart-ass, but she ultimately becomes a badass,” says Kunis of her character. ”She’s like the Batman of girls.” For Tatum, the Wachowskis’ commitment to non-CG stunts was a big lure — and led to a few close calls. ”There was one tense moment when Mila and I were hoisted about 70 feet up on wires, and the camera was moving on a crane straight toward us,” he says. ”I had to just kick the camera to get us out of the way.”
REAL LIFE HERO Not only does Channing Tatum rescue Mila Kunis in the movie, he also rescued her on set. So hot. (Warner Bros)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!