”When people say they’re tired of seeing the same stories regurgitated over and over again, this is the answer,” says Channing Tatum, who stars in a planet-hopping sci-fi-romance-action opus by Andy and Lana Wachowski (The Matrix). He plays an alien bounty hunter sent to rescue a human janitor named Jupiter (Mila Kunis) who doesn’t know she’s a member of intergalactic royalty. ”She’s a smart-ass, but she ultimately becomes a badass,” says Kunis of her character. ”She’s like the Batman of girls.” For Tatum, the Wachowskis’ commitment to non-CG stunts was a big lure — and led to a few close calls. ”There was one tense moment when Mila and I were hoisted about 70 feet up on wires, and the camera was moving on a crane straight toward us,” he says. ”I had to just kick the camera to get us out of the way.”
REAL LIFE HERO Not only does Channing Tatum rescue Mila Kunis in the movie, he also rescued her on set. So hot. (Warner Bros)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Exclusive photos and intel on new characters from season 6 of ‘The Walking Dead'
- 'CSI' casts 'Faking It' star Katie Stevens for finale
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- The Chilean miners disaster story comes alive in first trailer for 'The 33'
- 'Banshee' confirmed canceled after fourth season
- See EWwy campaign posters for the best dramatic actor nominees
- Netflix chief still 'thrilled' with Adam Sandler after 'Pixels' flop
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!