”When people say they’re tired of seeing the same stories regurgitated over and over again, this is the answer,” says Channing Tatum, who stars in a planet-hopping sci-fi-romance-action opus by Andy and Lana Wachowski (The Matrix). He plays an alien bounty hunter sent to rescue a human janitor named Jupiter (Mila Kunis) who doesn’t know she’s a member of intergalactic royalty. ”She’s a smart-ass, but she ultimately becomes a badass,” says Kunis of her character. ”She’s like the Batman of girls.” For Tatum, the Wachowskis’ commitment to non-CG stunts was a big lure — and led to a few close calls. ”There was one tense moment when Mila and I were hoisted about 70 feet up on wires, and the camera was moving on a crane straight toward us,” he says. ”I had to just kick the camera to get us out of the way.”
REAL LIFE HERO Not only does Channing Tatum rescue Mila Kunis in the movie, he also rescued her on set. So hot. (Warner Bros)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles