In an indie that drew raves at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Saturday Night Live alum Jenny Slate plays a twentysomething comedian who, in rapid succession, endures a breakup, gets fired, has a one-night stand with a guy (Jake Lacy), and learns she’s pregnant — all in time for what’s supposed to be the most romantic day of the year. ”It’s a very exaggerated version of the way Valentine’s Day can go,” says Slate. ”[But] every woman dreams of a partner who would support her in everything that is trying or new or scary.” Sounds pretty romantic after all.
WOMP WOMP When the most romantic day of the year turns into the worst day of her life (A24 FILMS)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- 'Friends' creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!