In an indie that drew raves at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Saturday Night Live alum Jenny Slate plays a twentysomething comedian who, in rapid succession, endures a breakup, gets fired, has a one-night stand with a guy (Jake Lacy), and learns she’s pregnant — all in time for what’s supposed to be the most romantic day of the year. ”It’s a very exaggerated version of the way Valentine’s Day can go,” says Slate. ”[But] every woman dreams of a partner who would support her in everything that is trying or new or scary.” Sounds pretty romantic after all.
WOMP WOMP When the most romantic day of the year turns into the worst day of her life (A24 FILMS)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take