In an indie that drew raves at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Saturday Night Live alum Jenny Slate plays a twentysomething comedian who, in rapid succession, endures a breakup, gets fired, has a one-night stand with a guy (Jake Lacy), and learns she’s pregnant — all in time for what’s supposed to be the most romantic day of the year. ”It’s a very exaggerated version of the way Valentine’s Day can go,” says Slate. ”[But] every woman dreams of a partner who would support her in everything that is trying or new or scary.” Sounds pretty romantic after all.
WOMP WOMP When the most romantic day of the year turns into the worst day of her life (A24 FILMS)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- Kelly Clarkson and more top moments from 'Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular'
- Kelly Rutherford reunites with her kids
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!