In an indie that drew raves at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Saturday Night Live alum Jenny Slate plays a twentysomething comedian who, in rapid succession, endures a breakup, gets fired, has a one-night stand with a guy (Jake Lacy), and learns she’s pregnant — all in time for what’s supposed to be the most romantic day of the year. ”It’s a very exaggerated version of the way Valentine’s Day can go,” says Slate. ”[But] every woman dreams of a partner who would support her in everything that is trying or new or scary.” Sounds pretty romantic after all.
WOMP WOMP When the most romantic day of the year turns into the worst day of her life (A24 FILMS)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bruno Mars teams with 'Empire' producer for NBC family comedy
- See the trailer for Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis: Little Girl Blue'
- Ellen DeGeneres coordinates Jessie J duet with viral video cohort, and it's perfect
- 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Class' boss Patrick Ness aims to 'shock you with something new'
- Academy announces 81 contenders for foreign-language Oscar
- New 'Pretty Little Liars' opening: Who's shushing now?
- Nicole Richie freestyles a theme song for 'Fashionably Late With Rachel Zoe'