After the collapse of the Western economy, the dregs of society collect like flies in Australia’s mines. There, a shy, broken man (Robert Pattinson) falls in with a grizzled drifter (Guy Pearce) to pursue a gang of bandits who’ve stolen his car. Look out for murderous carnies, inscrutable aboriginals, and a sun-bleached matriarch who runs an opium den (Gillian Jones). Director David Michôd, whose Aussie-set crime drama Animal Kingdom earned Jacki Weaver an Oscar nom, even cast some nonprofessionals from the outback. ”You can’t meet these people and not think, ‘Oh, there’s got to be a way of getting you in this movie,”’ he says.
AYE MATE There will be a bloody, angry and gun shooting
vampires men (MATT NETTHEIM)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More