After the collapse of the Western economy, the dregs of society collect like flies in Australia’s mines. There, a shy, broken man (Robert Pattinson) falls in with a grizzled drifter (Guy Pearce) to pursue a gang of bandits who’ve stolen his car. Look out for murderous carnies, inscrutable aboriginals, and a sun-bleached matriarch who runs an opium den (Gillian Jones). Director David Michôd, whose Aussie-set crime drama Animal Kingdom earned Jacki Weaver an Oscar nom, even cast some nonprofessionals from the outback. ”You can’t meet these people and not think, ‘Oh, there’s got to be a way of getting you in this movie,”’ he says.
AYE MATE There will be a bloody, angry and gun shooting
vampires men (MATT NETTHEIM)
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See Game of Thrones fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!