For 12 years, De La Salle High School in Concord, Calif., never lost a football game. Then, in 2004, the record-breaking streak ended. When the Game Stands Tall, based on Neil Hayes’ nonfiction book, details how the Spartans fought their way back: by learning to love the game more than the win. Jim Caviezel plays the head coach, Bob Ladouceur; Laura Dern, his wife. ”I encouraged [the cast] to talk to their counterparts,” says director Thomas Carter (Swing Kids), who cast The Shield’s Michael Chiklis as assistant coach Terry Edison. ”Michael was thrilled when Terry came on set. He would go up to Terry, asking him how he would say a line.” Even acting takes teamwork.
Posted April 21 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Leonardo DiCaprio isn't afraid to die anymore in new 'The Revenant' promo
- Penguin and Riddler sing Gordon a lullaby in exclusive 'Gotham' sneak peek
- Amy Schumer shows off bruises from 'Saturday Night Live' sketch
- X marks Mulder and Scully in exclusive new 'X-Files' poster
- Animal Collective announce 'Painting With,' share 'FloriDada'
- J.J. Abrams is excited for mothers and daughters to see new 'Star Wars'
- Peter Jackson teases 'Doctor Who' directing gig