The makers of Fox’s surprise breakout hit Sleepy Hollow are working overtime to ensure season 2 is anything but sleepy. Be prepared for Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) to meet more Hollow versions of historical figures (Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams), and there will be even more episodes: Fox has ratcheted up its fall order to as many as 18 hours, compared with the debut season’s 13. “It’s a big season about war and redemption and family,” says executive producer Mark Goffman. One key new role has been filled: Franklin will be played by West Wing actor Timothy Busfield, who promises to show a new side of the inventor and statesman — quite literally. “Let’s just say he’s not wearing a lot of clothes,” Busfield says of one early scene featuring everyone’s favorite kite flyer. Turns out the First American was also Crane’s mentor. Still up in the air: How long will Abbie Mills (Nicole Beharie) remain trapped in purgatory (“Hopefully just long enough,” Goffman quips), and how will Crane handle the reveal that his son is the sinister horseman of war? “It’s a big question,” Goffman says. “Can you kill your own son?” That’s a lot to tackle. Maybe Fox should up that episode order to a full 22?
Posted May 9 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' is 'very close'
- Pixar’s 'Coco' reveals cast and plot details
- Jimmy Kimmel dings Trump while discussing Oscars gig
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for Taiwan call
- Milo Ventimiglia does push-ups with Ellen DeGeneres on his back
- The Roots and Co. bring the 'Hamilton Mixtape' to 'Fallon'
- Grammy nominations 2017: Beyoncé and Adele lead the pack
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'