Each chapter in All the Light We Cannot See is a vignette of breathless foreboding as World War II casts a shadow over the lives of two children: a blind French girl and an orphaned German boy. Marie-Laure imagines herself an adventurer like those in her treasured braille copy of Jules Verne’s classic Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. Werner sees the world in radio waves and faraway melodies. As Werner gets sucked into the Hitler Youth, Marie-Laure joins the Resistance in occupied Brittany, but their paths cross fatefully during the burning of Saint-Malo. Doerr’s not-to-be-missed tale is a testament to the buoyancy of our dreams, carrying us into the light through the darkest nights. A
All the Light We Cannot SeeEach chapter in All the Light We Cannot See is a vignette of breathless foreboding as World War II casts a shadow over the lives of two...All the Light We Cannot SeeFictionAnthony DoerrEach chapter in All the Light We Cannot See is a vignette of breathless foreboding as World War II casts a shadow over the lives of two...2014-05-16Scribner
ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE Anthony Doerr
Genre: Fiction; Author: Anthony Doerr; Publisher: Scribner
Posted May 16 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!