We could tell you that this clip below is from the fifth season of Science Channel’s Through the Wormhole, a documentary series exploring the mysteries of of the universe that returns June 4. But all that does is delay getting to the point, which is that this clip features the show’s distinguished host Morgan Freeman on helium. Yes, the soothing baritone of the Oscar winner who has guided us through a prison incarceration in The Shawshank Redemption, helped us survive a meteor attack in Deep Impact, and convinced us in our weak late-night hours to buy McDonalds or use our Visa card in various commercials gets squeaky on a noble gas. The best part: There’s hugely no compelling reason for him to do this in the segment, it doesn’t demonstrate any kind of scientific principle, he just does it while talking about strange situations in science. Bonus point for the balloon matching Freeman’s shirt.
Posted May 22 2014 — 6:09 PM EDT
- One Direction fans' Summer of Struggles: a timeline
- 'Survivor: Second Chance': Woo says he won't make same epic mistake twice
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!