We could tell you that this clip below is from the fifth season of Science Channel’s Through the Wormhole, a documentary series exploring the mysteries of of the universe that returns June 4. But all that does is delay getting to the point, which is that this clip features the show’s distinguished host Morgan Freeman on helium. Yes, the soothing baritone of the Oscar winner who has guided us through a prison incarceration in The Shawshank Redemption, helped us survive a meteor attack in Deep Impact, and convinced us in our weak late-night hours to buy McDonalds or use our Visa card in various commercials gets squeaky on a noble gas. The best part: There’s hugely no compelling reason for him to do this in the segment, it doesn’t demonstrate any kind of scientific principle, he just does it while talking about strange situations in science. Bonus point for the balloon matching Freeman’s shirt.
Posted May 22 2014 — 6:09 PM EDT
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- See a peculiar teaser for 'Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's who's returning to 'Nashville' in season 4 ...
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!