We could tell you that this clip below is from the fifth season of Science Channel’s Through the Wormhole, a documentary series exploring the mysteries of of the universe that returns June 4. But all that does is delay getting to the point, which is that this clip features the show’s distinguished host Morgan Freeman on helium. Yes, the soothing baritone of the Oscar winner who has guided us through a prison incarceration in The Shawshank Redemption, helped us survive a meteor attack in Deep Impact, and convinced us in our weak late-night hours to buy McDonalds or use our Visa card in various commercials gets squeaky on a noble gas. The best part: There’s hugely no compelling reason for him to do this in the segment, it doesn’t demonstrate any kind of scientific principle, he just does it while talking about strange situations in science. Bonus point for the balloon matching Freeman’s shirt.
Posted May 22 2014 — 6:09 PM EDT
- 1D's Liam Payne announces third single from 'Made in the A.M.'
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade