For moviegoers over 40, Jon Favreau is still the heartbroken schlub from Swingers, his 1996 writing debut, in which he mortified himself on an answering machine in a misguided attempt to get a girl. After directing studio tentpoles like the first two Iron Man films, he returns to his indie roots with a dramedy about a once-lauded chef who starts a food truck, aided by his ex (Sofia Vergara) and young son (Emjay Anthony). ”I’m trying to speak to my audience in the same way that I spoke to them 20 years ago when we were the young whippersnappers,” says Favreau, who wrote, produced, directed, and stars in the film. ”Now we’ve got careers. It’s no longer about finding someone, it’s about keeping a relationship going.”
I'LL TAKE ONE OF EACH Make sure you eat a good meal before heading to see this movie or you'll risk getting kicked out of the theater for an ear-splitting stomach growl. (Merrick Morton)
Posted May 28 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!