For moviegoers over 40, Jon Favreau is still the heartbroken schlub from Swingers, his 1996 writing debut, in which he mortified himself on an answering machine in a misguided attempt to get a girl. After directing studio tentpoles like the first two Iron Man films, he returns to his indie roots with a dramedy about a once-lauded chef who starts a food truck, aided by his ex (Sofia Vergara) and young son (Emjay Anthony). ”I’m trying to speak to my audience in the same way that I spoke to them 20 years ago when we were the young whippersnappers,” says Favreau, who wrote, produced, directed, and stars in the film. ”Now we’ve got careers. It’s no longer about finding someone, it’s about keeping a relationship going.”
I'LL TAKE ONE OF EACH Make sure you eat a good meal before heading to see this movie or you'll risk getting kicked out of the theater for an ear-splitting stomach growl. (Merrick Morton)
Posted May 28 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears, James Corden reenact '...Baby One More Time'
- 'Scream Queens' season 2 promo pics: The doctors (and nurses) are in
- Marvin Kaplan, 'Alice' and 'Top Cat' actor, dies at 89
- Kanye West's Saint Pablo Tour has a flying stage
- 'American Horror Story' teaser channels 'Children of the Corn'
- Mayim Bialik, Marcie Leeds recreate their 'Beaches' opening scene
- Demi Moore joins R-rated comedy 'Rock That Body'