Amazon may be making it impossible to pre-order The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (a.k.a. J.K. Rowling), but Rowling is drumming up anticipation for the book on her own by releasing two chapters on robert-galbraith.com. In the excerpt, Cormoran Strike reckons with the disappearance of novelist Owen Quine, who has made enemies of many people he knows by characterizing them in unflattering ways in his books. The chapters also include references to phone hacking, an issue Rowling has addressed in real life.
Posted June 5 2014 — 10:12 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!