Before Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that’s chronicled here in crackerjack detail. Don’t let the casual foreword by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg mislead you; the book is fast, fluid, and startlingly accessible. The chunks of pure history are exceptional (Harris interviewed more than 200 former Sega and Nintendo employees). The moments of fictionalized narrative are its weakest feature — the canned dialogue evokes an ’80s B movie. Harris also takes too many creative liberties, retrofitting every Sonic vs. Mario meeting into a cliff-hanger. Hopefully Rogen and Goldberg’s planned documentary and feature film will hit the reset button. B
Console WarsBefore Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that's chronicled here in crackerjack...Console WarsNonfictionBlake J. HarrisBefore Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that's chronicled here in crackerjack...2014-06-06It Books
CONSOLE WARS Blake J. Harris
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Blake J. Harris; Publisher: It Books
Posted June 6 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Bible' series won't return to NBC
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!