Before Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that’s chronicled here in crackerjack detail. Don’t let the casual foreword by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg mislead you; the book is fast, fluid, and startlingly accessible. The chunks of pure history are exceptional (Harris interviewed more than 200 former Sega and Nintendo employees). The moments of fictionalized narrative are its weakest feature — the canned dialogue evokes an ’80s B movie. Harris also takes too many creative liberties, retrofitting every Sonic vs. Mario meeting into a cliff-hanger. Hopefully Rogen and Goldberg’s planned documentary and feature film will hit the reset button. B
Console WarsBefore Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that's chronicled here in crackerjack...Console WarsNonfictionBlake J. HarrisBefore Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that's chronicled here in crackerjack...2014-06-06It Books
CONSOLE WARS Blake J. Harris
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Blake J. Harris; Publisher: It Books
Posted June 6 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday