Before Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that’s chronicled here in crackerjack detail. Don’t let the casual foreword by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg mislead you; the book is fast, fluid, and startlingly accessible. The chunks of pure history are exceptional (Harris interviewed more than 200 former Sega and Nintendo employees). The moments of fictionalized narrative are its weakest feature — the canned dialogue evokes an ’80s B movie. Harris also takes too many creative liberties, retrofitting every Sonic vs. Mario meeting into a cliff-hanger. Hopefully Rogen and Goldberg’s planned documentary and feature film will hit the reset button. B
Console WarsBefore Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that's chronicled here in crackerjack...Console WarsNonfictionBlake J. HarrisBefore Microsoft vs. Sony, there was Nintendo vs. Sega, a generation-defining rivalry between videogame behemoths that's chronicled here in crackerjack...2014-06-06It Books
CONSOLE WARS Blake J. Harris
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Blake J. Harris; Publisher: It Books
Posted June 6 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Diana Gordon makes powerful TV debut on 'Colbert'
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead recalls Michael Moore sex scene on 'BrainDead'
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Ciara joins Miss America judges panel — exclusive
- AFI postpones 'Birth of a Nation' screening, Nate Parker Q&A
- Seth Meyers laughs at latest Hillary Clinton email revelations
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your limited series/drama nominees are...