After nine years’ absence, Hugh Jackman bounces back to host this Sunday’s Tony Awards broadcast in a big way. Taking a break from rehearsals at Radio City Music Hall on Thursday, he gave props to Neil Patrick Harris, another four-time Tony host who’s up for his first award this year for Hedwig and the Angry Inch. (Jackman earned his own statuette in 2003 for the musical The Boy From Oz.) His advice to Harris: “Sneak some food in…or a hip flask, whatever works for you.” While dismissing any notion that he might one day star in a Wolverine musical, the X-Men star did talk about his plans to return to the New York stage this fall in a three-character drama, The River, opening this fall in a theater that’s about half the size of the one where he performed Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway three years ago. No, he’s not trying to make it harder for fans to see him. “It’s a very intimate play,” he explains. Check out our exclusive clip after the jump (and come back Sunday for our Tony live blog, starting at 8 p.m. ET #EWTonys).
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!