After nine years’ absence, Hugh Jackman bounces back to host this Sunday’s Tony Awards broadcast in a big way. Taking a break from rehearsals at Radio City Music Hall on Thursday, he gave props to Neil Patrick Harris, another four-time Tony host who’s up for his first award this year for Hedwig and the Angry Inch. (Jackman earned his own statuette in 2003 for the musical The Boy From Oz.) His advice to Harris: “Sneak some food in…or a hip flask, whatever works for you.” While dismissing any notion that he might one day star in a Wolverine musical, the X-Men star did talk about his plans to return to the New York stage this fall in a three-character drama, The River, opening this fall in a theater that’s about half the size of the one where he performed Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway three years ago. No, he’s not trying to make it harder for fans to see him. “It’s a very intimate play,” he explains. Check out our exclusive clip after the jump (and come back Sunday for our Tony live blog, starting at 8 p.m. ET #EWTonys).
- WATCH: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' stars build their ideal mutant garage band
- James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' casts Rosa Salazar as lead
- WATCH: Dierks Bentley on what influenced new album 'Black'
- 'Top Gear' host Matt LeBlanc teases roofless car race
- Andy Samberg freestyles about bananas in Lonely Island 'Popstar' clip
- Nick Jonas on Miley Cyrus: 'I'm proud of her'
- Kate Beckinsale reveals her chocolate prank on 'Graham Norton Show'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers