After nine years’ absence, Hugh Jackman bounces back to host this Sunday’s Tony Awards broadcast in a big way. Taking a break from rehearsals at Radio City Music Hall on Thursday, he gave props to Neil Patrick Harris, another four-time Tony host who’s up for his first award this year for Hedwig and the Angry Inch. (Jackman earned his own statuette in 2003 for the musical The Boy From Oz.) His advice to Harris: “Sneak some food in…or a hip flask, whatever works for you.” While dismissing any notion that he might one day star in a Wolverine musical, the X-Men star did talk about his plans to return to the New York stage this fall in a three-character drama, The River, opening this fall in a theater that’s about half the size of the one where he performed Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway three years ago. No, he’s not trying to make it harder for fans to see him. “It’s a very intimate play,” he explains. Check out our exclusive clip after the jump (and come back Sunday for our Tony live blog, starting at 8 p.m. ET #EWTonys).
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds remembers first date with Blake Lively
- Kanye West announces free livestream of Yeezy Season 3
- Waiting for new Harry Potter books, ranked
- Lee Majors to play Ash's dad on 'Ash vs Evil Dead'
- 'Gravity Falls' creator says a revival is 'not inconceivable'
- Adnan Syed is ‘more hopeful’ following post-conviction hearing
- 'SNL': How the 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' sketch came together
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday