After nine years’ absence, Hugh Jackman bounces back to host this Sunday’s Tony Awards broadcast in a big way. Taking a break from rehearsals at Radio City Music Hall on Thursday, he gave props to Neil Patrick Harris, another four-time Tony host who’s up for his first award this year for Hedwig and the Angry Inch. (Jackman earned his own statuette in 2003 for the musical The Boy From Oz.) His advice to Harris: “Sneak some food in…or a hip flask, whatever works for you.” While dismissing any notion that he might one day star in a Wolverine musical, the X-Men star did talk about his plans to return to the New York stage this fall in a three-character drama, The River, opening this fall in a theater that’s about half the size of the one where he performed Hugh Jackman, Back on Broadway three years ago. No, he’s not trying to make it harder for fans to see him. “It’s a very intimate play,” he explains. Check out our exclusive clip after the jump (and come back Sunday for our Tony live blog, starting at 8 p.m. ET #EWTonys).
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!