Canadian DJ/producer Ryan Hemsworth has been making waves in the underground club scene for the past couple of years, but recently he’s taken a turn toward pop at the same time as pop’s been showing interest in the kind of spacey beats he specializes in. For his pristinely chill new single “One for Me,” he recruited R&B vocalist Tinashe (who you may know from her Schoolboy Q-featuring single “2 On,” which recently got an unofficial Drake remix) to add breathy vocals that recall the quieter side of the Aaliyah catalog. The video follows Hemsworth through a typical day of a buzzy young beatsmith in Montreal, which includes video chatting with a dog, cruising around town in a Lambo, and enjoying a plate of crudites.
Posted January 18 2015 — 1:29 AM EST
- 'Age of Ultron': Q&A with Joss Whedon and Kevin Feige
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road': Charlize Theron goes bald, badass for action epic
- Can you match these hit songs with the musicians who wrote them?
- Watch Coach freak out during sex ed in 'New Girl' clip
- Average movie ticket price drops to $8.12 in first quarter
- On the Books: Drax the Destroyer of 'Guardians of the Galaxy' gets his own comic book
- Watch the new music video for Jamie xx's 'Gosh'