Canadian DJ/producer Ryan Hemsworth has been making waves in the underground club scene for the past couple of years, but recently he’s taken a turn toward pop at the same time as pop’s been showing interest in the kind of spacey beats he specializes in. For his pristinely chill new single “One for Me,” he recruited R&B vocalist Tinashe (who you may know from her Schoolboy Q-featuring single “2 On,” which recently got an unofficial Drake remix) to add breathy vocals that recall the quieter side of the Aaliyah catalog. The video follows Hemsworth through a typical day of a buzzy young beatsmith in Montreal, which includes video chatting with a dog, cruising around town in a Lambo, and enjoying a plate of crudites.
Posted June 13 2014 — 3:38 PM EDT
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!