Canadian DJ/producer Ryan Hemsworth has been making waves in the underground club scene for the past couple of years, but recently he’s taken a turn toward pop at the same time as pop’s been showing interest in the kind of spacey beats he specializes in. For his pristinely chill new single “One for Me,” he recruited R&B vocalist Tinashe (who you may know from her Schoolboy Q-featuring single “2 On,” which recently got an unofficial Drake remix) to add breathy vocals that recall the quieter side of the Aaliyah catalog. The video follows Hemsworth through a typical day of a buzzy young beatsmith in Montreal, which includes video chatting with a dog, cruising around town in a Lambo, and enjoying a plate of crudites.
Posted June 13 2014 — 3:38 PM EDT
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- 'Tomorrowland' leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!