I hadn’t read Bolton before. This is her fourth mystery to feature London policewoman Lacey Flint, and it’s so good I’m getting ready to binge-read the first three. Flint, swimming in the Thames one morning, discovers a body bobbing in the fetid water. Not long after it becomes clear that the killer left the young woman’s corpse where Flint would find it, other bodies begin appearing — and then someone starts leaving creepy gifts on the deck of Flint’s houseboat. The pleasures of a first-rate mystery usually lie in the plot, and Bolton has constructed a solid nail-biter. But it’s the characters that infuse A Dark and Twisted Tide with such heart — not just the gritty, damaged Flint but her friends and colleagues, too. A-
A DARK AND TWISTED TIDE Sharon Bolton
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Sharon Bolton; Status: In Season; Publisher: Minotaur Books
Posted June 16 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters