I hadn’t read Bolton before. This is her fourth mystery to feature London policewoman Lacey Flint, and it’s so good I’m getting ready to binge-read the first three. Flint, swimming in the Thames one morning, discovers a body bobbing in the fetid water. Not long after it becomes clear that the killer left the young woman’s corpse where Flint would find it, other bodies begin appearing — and then someone starts leaving creepy gifts on the deck of Flint’s houseboat. The pleasures of a first-rate mystery usually lie in the plot, and Bolton has constructed a solid nail-biter. But it’s the characters that infuse A Dark and Twisted Tide with such heart — not just the gritty, damaged Flint but her friends and colleagues, too. A-
A Dark and Twisted TideI hadn't read Bolton before. This is her fourth mystery to feature London policewoman Lacey Flint, and it's so good I'm getting ready to binge-read the...A Dark and Twisted TideMystery and ThrillerSharon BoltonI hadn't read Bolton before. This is her fourth mystery to feature London policewoman Lacey Flint, and it's so good I'm getting ready to binge-read the...2014-06-16Minotaur Books
A DARK AND TWISTED TIDE Sharon Bolton
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Sharon Bolton; Publisher: Minotaur Books
Posted June 16 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- That time Jon Stewart saved Bill Clinton from an awkward encounter
- Eddie Redmayne stuns in new posters for 'The Danish Girl'
- Walt Disney experts dismiss allegations he was anti-Semitic
- See the latest trailer for 'The Intern'
- John Oliver uses song to explain why Washington, D.C., should become a state
- David Byrne calls for streaming service transparency in op-ed
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!