Game of Thrones is about to get a visit from a real queen.
Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh will tour the Belfast studios where the HBO series is filmed during their visit to Northern Ireland next week. The news was announced Wednesday by the British Monarchy’s official Twitter feed and confirmed by other sources.
Game Of Thrones has been estimated to be the biggest TV production in Europe. According to the Belfast Telegraph, its first four seasons are credited with bringing a direct economic benefit of $139 million dollars to Northern Ireland, and creating the equivalent of more than 900 full-time and 5,700 part-time jobs.
One can only hope there will be a photo of Queen of England on the Iron Throne.
More Game of Thrones recent coverage:
– ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners talk season 5: ‘There will be Dorne’
– ‘Game of Thrones’ showrunners talk season 4 finale
– ‘Game of Thrones’ Gwendoline Christie talks about that brutal fight scene
– ‘Game of Thrones’: George R.R. Martin explains that murderous finale scene
– ‘Game of Thrones’ season finale recap: Children of the Damned