At least no one got his hand cut off this time. Harrison Ford, 71, was hospitalized after suffering an ankle injury on June 12 while shooting a scene on the set of Star Wars: Episode VII. Sources close to the production say Ford is recovering well, but the extent of the damage hasn’t been released. (The actor’s son, restaurateur Ben Ford, told Access Hollywood that the break may require a plate and screws to heal properly.) Producers are trying to keep the movie on track by reconfiguring the shooting schedule to accommodate Ford’s temporary absence. It could take weeks (or months) to get Han fully on his feet, but the filmmakers are exploring ways to get him back on camera before that. Right now the Dec. 18, 2015, release date remains unchanged. Here’s to a (light) speedy recovery.
Posted June 20 2014 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big