Lifetime’s early-2015 biopic Whitney Houston (working title)—directed by the singer’s Waiting to Exhale costar Angela Bassett and starring former America’s Next Top Model contestant Yaya DaCosta—just began shooting. But DaCosta has already re-created the iconic cover of the pop diva’s 1987 Whitney album. And her modeling background came in handy for the quick shoot. Laughs the star, “I just looked at the picture and did the pose!” Somewhere Tyra is smizing proudly.
(Jack Zeman/Lifetime Television)
Posted July 10 2014 — 11:15 AM EDT
- 'Crimson Peak' exclusive: Mia Wasikowska flees the darkness in Guillermo del Toro's Gothic chiller
- Beach reads: 15 heart-stopping thrillers to dive into this summer
- Zack Snyder defends ‘Man of Steel’ ending: You can’t have superheroes knock around with no consequences
- 50 Songs for 50 States: EW's favorite patriotic pop through the years
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Q's about Jace, Audrey, and a twist
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay won't direct Marvel film
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Eddie Redmayne, Eva Longoria, Flo Rida & More!