After a brutal World Cup final which saw flying kneecaps of fury and tears of blood, Germany defeated Argentina to win the World Cup 1-0. It was an exciting end to a tournament that saw renewed interest in the game here in the states: The US-Portugal game was the most-watched soccer game in American history, which would make it one of the least-watched soccer games in any other country’s history, but still. It’s an exciting day for the German team–and for their beloved coach, German Sandy Cohen.
Posted July 13 2014 — 6:45 PM EDT
- 'Doctor Who' star Peter Capaldi to appear at Comic-Con
- Elizabeth Gillies: From child star to 'Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll'
- Grumpy Cat is getting a comic book series
- 'Orange is the New Black' star to join Broadway's 'The Color Purple'
- Exclusive: Cooper and Josh duke it out ahead of ‘Young & Hungry' spring finale
- Margaret Atwood submits story to Future Library, and no one will read it until 2114
- Ashley Greene is dying for some loving in exclusive scene from 'Burying the Ex'
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!