After a brutal World Cup final which saw flying kneecaps of fury and tears of blood, Germany defeated Argentina to win the World Cup 1-0. It was an exciting end to a tournament that saw renewed interest in the game here in the states: The US-Portugal game was the most-watched soccer game in American history, which would make it one of the least-watched soccer games in any other country’s history, but still. It’s an exciting day for the German team–and for their beloved coach, German Sandy Cohen.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'